Ear popping, neck and back of head crackles/popping, ear ringing

[...]

Been off for 2.5 months, benzo free.  Still have the ear popping, neck and back of head crackles, neck pain, ear ringing....does anyone else have this crap?  Wow.  Have improved very slightly.  Was on high dose of Temazepam for 7 months, but it has done a number on me.  Drug free, but it's tough.  Did a rapid w/d.  Hoping to improve someday fully.

If anyone has any of these s/x, please chime in.

GOGA

I had all of what you describe. I called the crap in my head "brain buzz" and the ear stuff is probably tinnitus. All in all, this is pretty normal, so don't worry. It took me about four months for things began to fade. The "brain buzz" and pops were the last to go, at about five months. I hit six months this coming Tuesday and about all that's really bothering me now is some anxiety that popped up about a week ago. Others who are at about six months seem to be recovering at pretty much the same rate as I am, with a big improvement at seven months.

So hang in there, please. This stuff is normal and is DOES fade. It just takes TIME!

Best wishes!

:thumbsup:

Been off for 2.5 months, benzo free.  Still have the ear popping, neck and back of head crackles, neck pain, ear ringing....does anyone else have this crap?  Wow.  Have improved very slightly.  Was on high dose of Temazepam for 7 months, but it has done a number on me.  Drug free, but it's tough.  Did a rapid w/d.  Hoping to improve someday fully.

If anyone has any of these s/x, please chime in.

GOGA

yes, I had all of it.....but it's gone now.  Hang in there!

:thumbsup:

Yup. I've had these problems pre benzo and think its tmj related, but the benzos didn't help. Still a priggish at seven months, though not like it was while I was tapering.

Thank you all for the reassurance.  You are awesome!  Doctors have no clue what we go through.  I am glad those nasty s/x are gone or really quelled down for all of you.  Take care,

GOGA