What is it with mornings?

[st...]

Why is waking and the morning the time when most of my withdrawal symptoms are at the worst?

This morning I woke and felt a jittery sort of pressure feeling. Not as bad as some mornings. Sometimes this will lift other times not so much. I'm hoping today it will lift as I hope every day.

Often by evening I feel a bit better and I wonder why?

Ann

Not still stuck anymore.

4 months off Klonopin

Cortisol levels are often higher in the mornings. Many buddies here are more symptomatic in the a.m. than in the p.m. myself included.

So, to put it in a nutshell, for many of us here, mornings simply suck.

When does it fix itself?

It's hard today, I thought my wave was lifting but maybe not. Its early afternoon and I've just been hit with a strong return of jitters and a squeezing feeling.

Oh WHEN will this ever go away!  :( 

I hate to tell you this, but this crap goes away when it goes away. No two people are identical, though a lot of people seem to follow certain trends in w/d and recovery.

The hardest thing I had to do is just accept that healing IS TAKING PLACE, even if we are not aware of it. Fighting the symptoms only uses up valuable psychic energy, so if you can, just try and relax and accept what is happening to you as PERFECTLY NORMAL.

I'll hit six months on Tuesdays and I've been up, down, and all around on this crazy benzo w/d and early recovery roller coaster. I can't predict from day to day how it will be.

Yes, generally in the mornings I don't feel as well as I do later in the day. I just think my brain comes to terms and is able to deal with my symptoms as the day progresses, which is why evenings seem to be easier.

In time, things WILL begin to level out for you! Hang in there!

Thank you Tex67,

I will try to follow your advice. It's very hard to relax when I feel this strange pressure and jittery feeling. I guess I should be happy my stomach isn't churning today so that's one good thing. And I'm not crying my eyes out for no reason, so that's good. But when I feel so jittery I feel like something is wrong with me and then I begin to think and my mind wanders, I try to remind myself this is all from the withdrawal but its still very hard.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to gone through and I've been through a lot in my life.

Thanks again sometimes a few words of support help me as well.

Wow, I'm the opposite! My sx start flaring up in the evening around 7 pm and progress as the night goes on making for a terrible night of sleep. I'm used to swing shift/nigh shift so maybe that's got something to do with it.

MORNINGS suck.  Vitamin C (2,000 mg) helps me a little...before bed and upon arising.

What kind of vitc do you take? And can we take to much?

I take natural factors 100% natural fruit chews, blueberry, raspberry and boysenberry.(as sodium ascorbate acid & ascorbic acid)  1500mg to 2000mg occasionally 2500mg divided

MORNINGS suck.  Vitamin C (2,000 mg) helps me a little...before bed and upon arising.

What kind of vitc do you take? And can we take to much?

I take natural factors 100% natural fruit chews, blueberry, raspberry and boysenberry.(as sodium ascorbate acid & ascorbic acid)  1500mg to 2000mg occasionally 2500mg divided

I just take whatever I find that is a decent price.  Sometimes rose hips, sometimes ascorbic acid, but basically LOTS of Vitamin C.

If you look under the anxiety tab at the top there is a link called "understanding morning anxiety", or something to that effect. There is a great explanation as to why we feel rough in the morning, and some tips on how to make things better.

And on the other side of the coin, mornings for me are when I feel my best and have the least wd sxs. If wd sxs are going to rear their ugly head, they usually do so, progressively in the pm, with late night pre-bed being the worst.

:oXo:

Thanks Mamashsoshanna :)

Thanks svenhook :thumbsup:

Cool35 & laserjet3051 sounds like you both are experiencing it in the evening. Lately mine has been the lowest around 2am

Mine is the same as laserjet. Starts in the evening and progressively gets worse. I hate it and it has been doing this for a couple of weeks now.