is it w/d or the way i am ?? without clonex

[sh...]

A week ago i took off all the clonozepam i used to take (clonex).

i tapered off.. didn't feel much when tapered only when trying to get off from it that's when i started to feel the w/d

in a week of w/d i had 3 days of depersonalization, 2 days with derealization, i sweat in the nights like i ran marathon,

some days i feel real depressed,

and now a week after i feel a little disconnected and day dreaming and feel like i cant concentrate and cant focus

and it scares the shit out of me because I'm in the part of my life where i need to go study in the university and try to get in to Higher education institutions and I'm afraid it wont get better and ill stuck like that.

and my other fear is that maybe its not because of the w/d maybe it because the 100mg Zoloft I'm on

or maybe that's who i changed to be since i got that ****** depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

what do you say i need support ? pls

i used to be the sharpest !! :'(

Are these symptoms your experiencing new?  Did you have them prior to going benzos?  Since you have been on benzos for a short time you can look back on what symptoms you had prior to benzos with some clarity. Some people like myself started taking benzo's over a decade ago so it can be difficult for us to remember what we were like prior to benzos.  Most likely any new symptoms you are experience is due to withdrawal. 

i started the Zoloft and the clonex together, so i really dint know what cause what, and why do i feel this way.

before i started with the pills i had bad anxiety and panic attacks so of course i couldn't concentrate, but it all happend to me in the last half year before that i didn't even knew all those feelings and all of those stuff about tension and stress and depression.

i just with ill be done with this story i feel so bad i have to deal with this, while other people in my age (22) go travel around the world and have fun.

1mg Clonazepam is = 20mg Valium. You have made 50% cuts in the C. You have come off of an equivalent of 20mg Valium in four months. Usually this process takes 20 - 40 weeks if following the Ashton guidelines. My point being you have rapid tapered and are now also experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms.

Your symptoms are quite common and to be expected. The acute phase is generally about 3 months after cessation of the benzos. Don't be distressed that there is something wrong with you...there is not. These symptoms are withdrawal related. Each case is unique as to how long or how intense the symptoms will be. You will heal in your own time. The main thing is to know that your symptoms, while seemingly distressing, are common to benzo withdrawal, and to try not to get scared or overly anxious about them. They may also vary as time goes on, or even change rapidly. There is no way to predict this. However, if you have concerns just post here and others will share their similar symptom experiences with you, thereby giving you reassurance and some advice on how to manage them.

Take care and please post if you need info or support. Hang in there.

Shaharz,

I agree 100% with NewMoon, and I will add that the doubt you are feeling is a symptom too.  I had it, still get it sometimes, and have read it from other buddies 1000 times.

The good news that you were not on the Clonex very long, and in all likelihood you will be able to taper quickly and heal quickly as well.  As NewMoon said it varies a lot among users, but in general, the longer you were on the tougher it is.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

I will also add that I do not think that Zoloft or any antidepressant is nearly as bad for you as any benzo.  Many disagree, but that is my opinion.

I do believe that the fewer meds you take the better off you are, and perhaps you can come off Zoloft when the worst of benzo withdrawal is over.

first of all i wanted to say Ty for the quick answers and the help.

second i hope that you are right and I'll be healed soon.

the thing is that i had symptoms like depersonalization and derealization even few months before i started taking the pills.

that's why i started, so how do i know that when i stop taking them like i now stopped with the clonex it wont come back??

and another question is what is changing in the brain that i can suddenly take of the pills and the anxiety wont come back??

i mean that i had it before the pills and if i stop taking the pills the brain will go like it did before with the panic attacks the ocd and all of that...

and thank you very much i hope i write good cuz im from israel english is not my mother language.