So I'm gonna heal right???

[On...]

I just noticed I pretty much lost a chunk of 23 most of 24 and now part of 25 yrs old to this. Im losing my prime. One of my friends just turned 30 and I thought he was younger. I hate to think I wont get to enjoy my 20's again at all. 11 months out you start questioning it.

It's so hard to feel the hope of being healed.  When healing from benzo's, the mind is forced to feel fear, doubt, worry, and negative doom.  But if you look at some of the worst case scenarios, even they have healed!  Youtube Brian Baxter -"Benzo Withdrawal Welcome to Hell".  His symptoms were so bad, he was convinced his teeth were spinning in his mouth.  He now has a video where he is much happier and recovered.  This time does have an end, and you will someday be happy like you were again.

When I start comparing myself to how good people my age have it in life, it makes me feel empty and left out as well.  But just remember, you're not alone!  There is many people out there, our age and younger, who are suffering a lot in their life.  It might sound bad to feel good about this, but it might bring comfort to know that there is many young people who are losing out in life, and we aren't alone.  I don't want to make you feel bad by giving examples, you can probably find lots of examples out there. 

Most importantly, we are going to heal.  We don't hear the stories very often, but there will come a time in your life when this is all behind, and you will say it's over.  It's not going to be hard making up for the good times that you missed.  :thumbsup:

Hang in there.

I just noticed I pretty much lost a chunk of 23 most of 24 and now part of 25 yrs old to this. Im losing my prime. One of my friends just turned 30 and I thought he was younger. I hate to think I wont get to enjoy my 20's again at all. 11 months out you start questioning it.

i am also very convinved that we will heal. you should not worry too much

because it will only stress you. you will get your life back , i am sure and this ordeal

will be like a bad dream to us once it is over. cheer up. :)

I have healed completely! The end of the taper was the beginning of healing for me. I had around 30 symptoms, all gone! I had DP for 15 months. Gone! That was by far the longest lasting and one of the hardest to accept. Do your best to believe you will heal. Tell yourself tht everyday whether you can feel it or not right now. You will heal! You will regain your life! Look at all the people who went before you and healed. May you have the life you desire and may all your dreams be realized. :-)

Hugs

P2

Pianogirl and Megan were older as well as others that healed a few months after a year. Let's be positive. We are all different in so many ways, but healing has taken place for so many people of different ages, those who cold turkeyed or tapered, those who were on benzos for short amounts of time, long amounts of time, on an array of mg from .25 -10 mg. All healed. You can't argue with that. You just have to have faith. I know it is hard.

Pianogirl and Megan were older as well as others that healed a few months after a year. Let's be positive. We are all different in so many ways, but healing has taken place for so many people of different ages, those who cold turkeyed or tapered, those who were on benzos for short amounts of time, long amounts of time, on an array of mg from .25 -10 mg. All healed. You can't argue with that. You just have to have faith. I know it is hard.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its that chick on youtube that makes me nervous. Shes my age and like 4 years out and not near healed. Everyone else has healed pretty good it seems.

edit: personal information removed

No she is healed! I thought she was... She was pretty much healed at two years and then had all of her teeth done in some crazy dentsl procedure and got thrown back into a wave for 8-9 months but she has come out of it and is doing well now. She caused her set back by having major cosmetic dental surgery, having a ton of novicaine and going pain killers. It was way too much too soon.

Thats the thing though I'm terrified of healing then goong back in w/d. Shes still making updates and in one said she couldnt swim cuz 5 mins would make her he go through the roof cuz of w/d. Thats nowhere near healed to me. And she wasnt even on benzos a tremendous amount of time

Have you noticed how attention seeking she is? She talks about her ex boyfriend so much in her videos it's very odd.  Also, is she swimming in a chlorinated pool with a ton of chemicals? Who would get their teeth redone two years off benzos? She's not very careful.

You are going to heal. We are all going to heal.

Read the success stories over and over.

It is not exclusive to a few people.

Everyone heals.

Some of us take longer than others, but we all heal.

If we didn't, the short term users would NOT be healing….

and the long term healers that come back and write success stories would not say they healed.

I am much better now than I was 3 months ago.

I thought I was going to die everyday for well over a year.

It was not a sudden change…it has been slow, but I can say now with full confidence that I healing.

If I keep getting better at this pace, I hope to write a success story in the next 6 months…

I would NOT say that if I was not healing.

The scariest thing about all this is that the medical community does not acknowledge our suffering/syndrome….

I would call this "Benzodiazapine Withdrawal Syndrome"

Of course it probably has a medical term in England or some other advanced medical community….

People that have this should be treated properly and we are not.

When you need a doctor the most…you don't have access to them, or you do, but they don't know acknowledge what the true problem is.

This is very frustrating…and sends the wrong message to us.

You will heal. You are healing.

Do everything you are able to do to get better.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done before in my life….and I am hoping that I only get better and better and one day soon I am confident enough that this is real and it finally does not come back…

God speed and blessing to all of us…Love and healing,

Causing

Yes, you are going to heal... it takes a long time... but, as you say, you are young... you don't want to give the rest of your life to this crap.  I was just telling my Sig. Other, yesterday, that I could lose a couple of years to getting off or I could lose the rest of my life to staying on it... I couldn't think, couldn't read, couldn't see, couldn't write, had emotional outbursts and crying jags on this crap... now... I'm almost done tapering and I can think, read, see, write, control my feelings, and no crying jags, no headaches, sleeping again... I still have some ax... but, hey, its an ax world.  You will heal and you will be glad you did this. It takes a long time...  :)  but it will pass and you will look back on your accomplishment and go forward and that's a great thing.  :thumbsup:  Njoy