are windows good?

[...]

Enjoying a window now. How long do they ladt typically.. what are your experiences?

For most of us windows are an indication that we are healing.  I had a fast cycle at first, going from window to wave in 24 hours, and repeating this every 2-3 days.  For some the cycle (both ways) is much longer, but eventually things even out.  It's all part of the healing process.

:thumbsup:

It's early in my taper. I had the best window yet several days ago. Sadly, the following day was extremely ugly. Healing, I am learning, is not linear. Hang in cuz we are healing  8)

I've had windows that were literally just a few seconds long, when all the world felt in focus and that I was a part of it again. As soon as that realization sunk it, of course the window slammed shut!

Typically windows last from a few hours at first and become longer and longer the more you heal. They are often followed by "waves," which are not pleasant, but waves are a sign that HEALING is going on, so as bad as they feel, they're a good thing.

Congratulations on having a wave! May you have many more in the future!

I love windows. If anyone has any extra to sale or give away let me know. Lol jk. I really would buy them though. I wish I could give everyone going through this an everlasting one.

I'm glad you are having one buddy.

esty,

I had a 36 hr window which was the GREATEST gift after about 9 months of w/d. I am at 11 months now and am not feeling bad today. I am level after my last cut 5 weeks ago. Going to cut after T-giving. Looking for more windows.

i had a one hour window the other night. everything was calm and i had clarity. it felt so nice. what a welcome relief.

i will buy windows from you all too. "who will buy my sweet red windows?-i'm so high i swear i could fly" who will buy--who will buy?"

remember that song "who will buy" from Olivier? :)

Tex67 you mentioned exactly what i get, windows that last for seconds, sometimes minutes, hours. Those breif moments of clarity is what keeps me going! It lets me know the real me is still in there somewhere!  The past couple days I have had bad waves that would only last an hour or so. I'm so use to them lasting a long time i keep thinking ill be sick for hours on end but they suddenly vanish!  It's impossible to predict how long the good windows will last, i just go with the flow.

Fonz