Does anyone wake in the night and feel like they are shaking?

[st...]

Since my taper I've off and on felt like an internal tremor happens.

Last night I woke and sat up and felt odd, I walked a few steps and felt like I was shaking. It stops in a few moments.

Is this a Benzo withdrawal syndrome/ recovery symptom?

I'd like to clarify, the central nervous system isn't "damaged". It's simply gotten lazy due to artificial chemicals doing the job of what our natural chemicals used to do. It's simply trying to balance again.

I'd like to clarify, the central nervous system isn't "damaged". It's simply gotten lazy due to artificial chemicals doing the job of what our natural chemicals used to do. It's simply trying to balance again.

I really like that description thanks, hope.  :)

I really like that description thanks, hope.  :)

You're welcome, gettingthere.  :thumbsup:

Hi there,

I am almost three months off Xanax.  I had this off and on after I jumped.  It seems to have left a few weeks ago.  It is about the only thing that has gone.  I would have it bad when I would first drift off to sleep and it would wake me up.  Then during the night it seemed like  it went on forever.  Then it just stopped.

Hope it leaves for you soon.

~Mama2

Thanks everyone and well said Hope 1962,

I forgot to write that I'm in a wave these past few days, its a pretty hard one, well I don't think I've had any easy waves yet.

Thanks as this was really making me worry.

My anxiety is off and on high today. I've never had such anxiety until my Klonopin use and more so during my taper and I'm 4months off and still troubled by that and so many other symptoms. Most GI upper and lower problems.

Its so hard to believe all this is happening from something I stopped taking 4 months ago. Make me wonder if I'll ever fully recover

Thanks everyone and well said Hope 1962,

I forgot to write that I'm in a wave these past few days, its a pretty hard one, well I don't think I've had any easy waves yet.

Thanks as this was really making me worry.

My anxiety is off and on high today. I've never had such anxiety until my Klonopin use and more so during my taper and I'm 4months off and still troubled by that and so many other symptoms. Most GI upper and lower problems.

Its so hard to believe all this is happening from something I stopped taking 4 months ago. Make me wonder if I'll ever fully recover

I know some days it's impossible to believe you will heal but I promise you will. 4 months off isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. Hold on. This will get better. You're doing great.  :smitten:

I always get this. Over the past 3 weeks especially I cannot stop shaking at times. This happens especially after I eat. Today I had lunch (salad and chicken) and for 2-3 hours after I had the internal shakes, but really bad. My heart kept skipping and making me feel out of breath. The adrenaline my heart skips were sending around my body was making me feel on edge and terrible. I thought my heart had gone into a totally irregular rhythm. It keeps happening. in the recent past ive had loads of heart scans and all is ok structurally. Rhythm wise ive always had pvcs and pacs and tachycardia. BUT this is horrible. Its like 'attacks'....

Charlotte

Not only do I feel like I'm shaking, I am shaking. The anxiety and panic pull me out of my sleep. It is extremely unpleasant. Knowing that it is withdrawal doesn't make it feel any better, but it is indeed withdrawal. This has been getting progressively worse for me at the lower doses, which is typical.

Such horrible drugs!

I never had these symptoms like panic or shaking or poor sleep or GI issues mental fog and DR, UNTIL I began using klonopin, and then it all got worse in my taper. Im not as bad as my jump date timeframe but I can't say that my waves are easy or that my symptoms are less.

I've said it 100 times atleast, IF I had been told there was a chance of having withdrawal syndrome occur I wouldn't have EVER taken this crap!

Yes, I have had this a few times as I have been drifting off to sleep, wake up with a jolt and my whole body is shaking inside, it passes real quick. Sometimes my brain seems to shake in my skull but literally just for a few seconds upon waking, I call it "swimmy head"

Yep.  I get two types of tremors. I get what I call the "internal tremors" which I think are some kind of neuropathy.  I'm not actual shaking.  Feels more like a mild electrical current going through my body.  I very rarely get a mild version of this in the evenings.  I get a more pronounced version during sleep.  It either wakes me up or starts immediately upon wakening.

The second is an actual physical tremor.  My wife can actually feel the bed shake a bit.  This only happens after I wake up especially if I get startled into wakefulness.

Many buddies describe these feelings.  Definitely part of w/d.  Very annoying and anxiety-producing, but they wont't hurt you.

For me, doing deep diaphragmatic breathing exercises help them (and the anxiety they produce) go away fairly quickly.

Sending wishes for continued healing your way.

-b

I get it too. I feel like I'm shaking but when I hold out my hands I'm not. My body almost feels like it's vibrating at times. I'll usually get it with some mild burning skin and major chills.

Hi stillstuck,

I have had this since day 1. I think when we get new symptoms we worry that we have been struck with something that is not related to w/d. I have learned a lot and have come to realize that most of what has happened to me is w/d. Nasty stuff sometimes. I get the jitters so bad that I feel like I will jump out of my body. I have gotten used to it. That and insomnia are the 2 things that I get frequently. I hope you are feeling better. Stay strong.  :tickedoff:

Thanks everyone, and Colorado chick,

I'm not getting the evening break like I often do. Tonight symptoms are still present and my BP is a little high. I've noticed during some waves my BP will spike for a few days. I hope this is just for a few days.  :(

BP spikes are common. I am on Clonodine, a BP med. No problems w spiking BP. I was put on it before I knew abt BP spikes. I was told it tempers w/d. Wonder if the real reason was for elevated BP that could happen?

Clonidine works well for opiate withdrawal but not so well for benzo wd. It will help with sleep and anxiety at times but I have found beta blockers to be better at this, for myself anyway. They help with adrenaline surges.

Hey cool,

I did not know about beta blockers. I am going to my Dr. on Dec 12 and am going to ask about it. I have had anxiety through the roof and I do not guess that the Clonodine has helped. Maybe it did...cannot say. I am not looking forward to my next cut. I have held for 6 weeks this time as I was so sick after the last one. I need to move forward. I feel ok today. Not great but not sick. I am feeling pretty beat up as I approach my 1 year anniversary in w/d. I have been very emotional ( personal issues abound) but the last few days I have been in the dead zone. No feelings about anything. That is ok. I need the rest.

Thanks for your input.

I will say that mine is worse when I am overly tired and stay up way past my bedtime.  I haven't had it in about a week so I think it is one of those things that comes and goes when it feels like it haha