How do u know when u need to go to the hospital?

[Mr...]

Hello today my anxiety is soo bad and major major depression I can barely take it... Having really bad thoughts and crying a lot afraid I don't trust myself anymore.... I know others have been threw hell... But I'm just tired of living this way..

I'm really afraid of my self right now... Please help me with support my friends..

Mr scared Ottawa Canada

Mr scared,

Having just read your post I would say if you are this frightened about what you might do, it's time to get face to face help with a professional....right away. Whether that means going to the ER or seeking out the help and company of a friend, you should not be alone now.

Please read the following link. I want you to be safe, first and foremost. Please take care of yourself today and get some sort of face to face help. We don't have the resources here to help you in this way. We're not therapists. This is something that must be dealt with by medical professionals. Please don't wait.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.0#post_suicide-self-harm

When psychological symptoms get to the point where you are questioning yourself as to being afraid what you may do, then it is time for help. As Hope pointed out, only a face to face evaluation is adequately going to assess your situation right now. As Hope also stated, it is important to tell someone and not be alone if you can't trust yourself or your own judgement at this time. Yes, it is time to go to the hospital. They will be able to gauge where you're at. Don't try to go at this alone right now.

Hey Mr Scared:

The above posters are absolutely correct ... It's time to get some on the ground help. There's no shame in it . The w/d from these drugs is complete hell and sometimes we need some help, if only a place to go that will keep us safe till the storm passes.

You're a good guy Mr Scared, please stay safe

Mr. Scared, I suggest calling a helpline first and also reaching out to those closest to you. I threatened suicide a few months ago and very much regretted going to the hospital. The psych didn't believe in benzo withdrawal and wasn't happy with me because I am 'anti-drug'.

I know what it's like to doubt your own actions, this happened to me when I first got depersonalization disorder. I wasn't sure what I was doing so I asked my bf to take note of whether or not I was eating and drinking.

You shouldn't be alone right now and if you need to go to the hospital then go. You need to make a decision before you go though, whether or not you are going to let them give you drugs because that's what they will want to do.

Remember that just a short time ago you were doing well and offering support to others. This bad time will pass.  :smitten:

You've gotten good advice, to which I can only add PLEASE ACT ON THE ADVICE. Don't sit home alone because all you'll do is mindf**k the situation and increase your anxiety. Please do something to seek help of some kind.

Hang in there. This bad time WILL pass...

Mr. Scared,

Please call someone or go to the hospital. Only last weekend, you were helping me through a really hard time. I was incredibly depressed and just tired of the whole thing. I was also going through a cut. And now I feel better, not great, but better. You will feel better too. I am sending love and light your way. Last weekend you told me to close my eyes and look for the light from you, and I did. I saw your light. I am shining it back at you right now. I am trying to light up your darkness just a little bit. Please take care of yourself, or put yourself in the hands of those who can. 

Peace2

Thank you all.... Took my pm dose of 2mg, phoned all my friends and the police are on their way to see me, I don't know how u all get threw this... ESP the cold turkeys I admire you all... I tried my best to take it but I need a doctor to evaluate me tonight..you are all the best friends

Thank you soo much

Mr scared

Thank you all.... Took my pm dose of 2mg, phoned all my friends and the police are on their way to see me, I don't know how u all get threw this... ESP the cold turkeys I admire you all... I tried my best to take it but I need a doctor to evaluate me tonight..you are all the best friends

Thank you soo much

Mr scared

I hope you are ok, honey. You did the right thing asking for help.  If you must get emergency care, be very wary of more benzos to treat your withdrawal as you will "pay the piper" down the road.  And even slow tapers are no guarantee of an easy withdrawal.  Hang in there! 

:smitten:

I hope you are feeling safe again Mr Scared. Don't worry too much what you need to do to get thru this crisis, you can resume your taper again once you are stabilised.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You did the right thing.  Don't be discouraged I once when to the hospital like 7 times in 2 months because I was so suicidal.  Those were the best decisions I ever made.  Hope you feel better soon.  Much respect to you for enduring such suffering.  Hang in there.  :smitten:

Hello yesterday was one of the hardest days  of my life, talked to doctors for a long time, but I made it, don't know how but I did.... Gotta regroup myself and make a better plan for the next time I feel that bad.... I was doing soo well then bang!!  Got hit so bad.... F...kin Benzos are the devils work I'm sure!!! Well thank you all soo much for your support!! Life is worth living... And I'm going keep my little turtle taper going in a week when I get my courage back again..

Mr scared Ottawa Canada

Just remember David , u have been thru so much. Just having a general anaesthetic is a huge stress on your body. Let alone the pain of adjusting to a new hip! On top of that u are coming off benzos! I think u must be super man!!!

Just cut yourself some slack! U are doing well.        Hugs Pinkee

Oh I sent u a pm ? It's ok if u can't reply. I understand.  Just as long as u are ok.   

Hi my friend,

I did not see your post. I am really sorry that you are having such a hard time. I will say that you have it right abt freaking benzos. I am glad that you got help. These bad days are so hard to get through. Let me know if I can help.

Reaching out to you in Ottawa  :smitten: