UTI Symptoms are soooooo annoying.

[Em...]

4 weeks ago i started getting symptoms of a UTI, left it a couple of days then went to GP. Was given antibiotics and was told if these don't help come back and give a sample. Well those antibiotics helped.

Saturday just gone symptoms started coming back mildly and tues morning went back to GPs as was in agony. Gave sample (nothing of note on dipstick test) which was sent off, given 3 more days of antibiotics. No change at all and surprsie surprise urine sample is totally normal.

GRRRRRR!!!!

There's obviously something going on but it isn't an infection.

I've noticed a lot of people on here mentioning UTIs with no clear infection. What gives?!

4 weeks ago i started getting symptoms of a UTI, left it a couple of days then went to GP. Was given antibiotics and was told if these don't help come back and give a sample. Well those antibiotics helped.

Saturday just gone symptoms started coming back mildly and tues morning went back to GPs as was in agony. Gave sample (nothing of note on dipstick test) which was sent off, given 3 more days of antibiotics. No change at all and surprsie surprise urine sample is totally normal.

GRRRRRR!!!!

There's obviously something going on but it isn't an infection.

I've noticed a lot of people on here mentioning UTIs with no clear infection. What gives?!

i think its because there are gabaas at the urinary tract which consits of kidneys, bladder

and ureters , now they are upregulating again and thats why we get those sxs.

The same with me except I wasn't given antibiotics. All the tests came back normal but I show leukocytes which can be inflammation. This started almost two months ago and still having symptoms. Really frustrating dealing with the symptoms and Anxiety.

Hi EmJai -

It is more than likely what other people are saying, that it's a negative effect of the withdrawal. I've heard of this before. You can definitely have inflammation without the bacteria.

But, I figured I'd add my advice... I am somewhat of an expert on bladder discomfort/frequent urination (ha) - I've got Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and (potentially) a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis... I'm not trying to tell you that you have these things, I just wanted to share what I do when I have flare ups, as my condition would be described as chronic inflammation without infection.

(1) Take a hot bath, fill the tub up to your waist and sit for at least 15 minutes. If you don't have a bath tub, take a hot compress to your lower tummy and lie down with it. Breathing through your stomach instead of your chest helps to relax any tense muscles down there (picture your belly filling up like a balloon)

(2) Avoid diuretics and acidic foods such as alcohol, caffeine, lemons, tomatoes, vinegar, spices, etc. I'm sure you would not be as sensitive as me but it is still a fact that these things can irritate the bladder/cause it to spasm more. Also, if you know that you don't have infection, don't go chugging cranberry juice, as this is also acidic and sugary.

(3) Do NOT let yourself pee every time you think you have to go (if frequent urination is a problem for you) - this could just be your bladder spasming and urinating too many times in the day will just worsen the inflammation. I set times for myself, I am only allowed to pee once ever 2 hours, no matter what I'm feeling.

(4) Avoid constipation if possible. Straining can cause inflammation to a sensitive bladder

(5) Drink aloe vera juice. This is like natures tylenol. It helps reduce inflamation and helps coat the bladder walls to protect it from acidic damage. You can same this same property in other herbal supplements such as marshmallow root

That's just a few things. I have about a million home remedies for this haha so I'm sure I will think of more.

Good luck

Also, just be careful you aren't doing the dipstick test too close to the last time you took antibiotics as it can affect the results. That has happened to me before. But I would say if your pain keeps coming and going it probably isn't an infection, it's just inflammation since your nerves are all hypersensitive.

the frequent urination Is killing me.  I feel like I have to pee constantly even my bladder is not full.  If this is keep going it might damage something.  I have been like this for a month. 

This frequent urination is definitely a withdrawal symptom that I have seen reported on this forum many times. Aside from 2 actual UTIs, I too had this happen to me really badly once when I made an overly large cut. I was up several times a night for a week.  Once I stabilized, this symptom went away. Some buddies here who are in acute withdrawal have PM'd me regarding this annoying symptom - and yes, ALL their tests have come back negative. For some it comes and goes, as it does for me (last night being an example). I can be fine for weeks/months, and then suddenly have this happen again. For me it is always at night. Restricting fluids doesn't help and definitely is not a good idea, so I keep hydrated and wait for it to stop, which it does.

I hope this lets up for you soon. Just be reassured that if your tests are negative, that this is a common w/d symptom (an annoying, uncomfortable one at that).

Okay...one more thing...frequent urination may, MAY  cause some urinary tract irritation. Not enough for bleeding, but enough to cause urgency. There is a dye called Pyridium. You take the pill orally and it coats and soothes the urinary tract, and makes you pee a bright lovely very staining orange color. The coating settles any irritation and works remarkably well during a UTI. I have used it recently for my UTIs and I did not get any revving up of my benzo sxs from it...not to say that another person may not.  It IS prescription, not always available, called by different names, but you might want to give it a try if your doctor is willing. No guarantees.  You'll still have frequent urination, but maybe less urgency urination where nothing is coming out but a couple of drops.

Just thought I'd let you know about this in case you'd like to try it. 4 weeks of this is a lot of peeing and possibly urethral irritation is compounding this symptom and making it a bit more worse than it has to be.

Yes Newmoon is right. Those are urinary analgesics and you can also get them at any pharmacy over the counter. The one that your doctor would usually perscribe you is called "Piridium", they are double the strength of 1 dose from the over-the-counter box, but if you are like me (and you're tired of the doctor lol) you can just take double what the box recommends, although to be honest you probably don't even need it to be that strong. These were my go-to pain relievers when I was peeing every 15 minutes. I promise you that they are all the same chemical, "Phenazopyridine"

and for reference, this is the brand I always had luck with:

http://www.amazon.com/AZO-Standard-Maximum-Strength-Tablets-12/dp/B004RRGAU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385154949&sr=8-1&keywords=Azo+Maximum+Strength+Tablets

I think they're actually cheaper at CVS. One word of advice, they're not super healthy to take long term. Just a few days to a week. I took a lot for a few weeks straight and I felt pretty sickly after. But they are otherwise totally safe.

Good luck!!

the frequent urination Is killing me.  I feel like I have to pee constantly even my bladder is not full.  If this is keep going it might damage something.  I have been like this for a month. 

don't worry too much, i know its easier said than done. i had this for many months and

its just recently that its nearly gone. i also had the impression that my urine was boiling hot.

its detox.......one should drink a lot of water ........i think its a good sign by the way.........

your body is getting rid off all the chemical crap. :)

I am having these symptoms as well.  I always think I have a bladder infection.  I did try pure cranberry juice but it's just too acidic.  Now I take D -mannos in powder form with water.  Seems to

Help.  I don't want to take antibiotics and studies show they don't really work and for us, in w/d, they can be dangerous (quinolone).  I think this is just another healing symptom that we as women must deal with.  Wishing you well.