Contravertial Reinstate Thread Continues- Need advice

[Is...]

Hi all,

My last thread got controversial but I need advice. I am trying to reinstate.Last night when I took the 4mg of valium one hour latter I felt sadated and happy. Then I slept for 2 hours. The 3rd hour I was jolted out of bed with waves of new sxs, sever depresion (kill myself depresion)and sever akathisia. This lasted for 5 hours and then I was able to lay back down and rest and was not sedated.  This mskes no sense to me especially given valiums long half life. The  same pattern happened on a lower dose except I got no sedation just worse sxs.

The 4mg was the first sedation, but it brought new sxs and aggravated the old ones.  Do I continue to increase or is this the paradoxal effect I get on other meds and I should not take any more.  But this is the only med that has given any relief with the akathisia and depresion. I need the relief or I might go to mental ward and I really do not want to go thrre but I dont want to make my sxs worse.

Allen said I  need to get my blood leve stable, but I am afraid to take more since what I have taken makes me worse..

But I need the relief.  Any ideas what is happening? Should I go higher or lower.  What to do?

I am not doing benzo for life, just need to get to get the akathisia to a stable point to start low taper.

love IslandGirl

Your signature says that you were in tolerance withdrawal for sixteen years. If that is the case it is my opinion that benzos will never do what you want them to do for you. It gets to the point where our bodies and brain just don't respond to them the way they first did and never will again.

I can't advise you as to what you should do. If it were me I would have stayed off them. Like I have indicated on other threads, as long as you see benzos as the answer to health issues or withdrawal sx you will be tied to them and experience confusion about reinstatements, dosages, reactions and the like.

I have seen again and again that most people who reinstate don't get the improvement that they had hoped for. Sometimes, after a c/t, going back on to do a sensible taper is the answer but if you were in tolerance withdrawal for so long I can't see that working for you.

I know others will chime in and tell me I'm wrong and that's fine. Perhaps they can tell you what to do. I'm sorry you find yourself in this predicament.

frus333 pretty much summed it up. Maybe others have some experience with this?

Who is Allen?

Did you have akathisia during tolerance or just after c/t?

Fruss,

My akathisia is so bad.  I feel like ants are eating me alive inside. I am being suficated. I have sever suicidal depresion. I can never laydown for 9 months now. Pdoc thinks the seroquel gave it to me.

I am trying to get stable so I can survive then slow taper in future. You are saying that these revd up sxs are tolerance wd?  But why only 4 hours of wave?

I am so confused and feel like I am dying

Formula1,

I did not get the akathisia until after I was on the detox cocktail.  I did not know what was going on because my brain was fried.  Not until I quit meds did my brain come back and I realized what happened.  4 months off meds I could not handel the constant pacing and never laying down coupled with sever depresion.

I need some rest or calm.  I am actually getting a little rest now that I am back on valium. I am just having thes increased sxs for the 4 hour wave after taking a dose. I never had waves before just constant sxs. At least now I can survive between waves.

I just dont know if more valium will help or hurt me more.

I am sorry you are suffering so much. I know what it's like to have suicidal depression, believe me. I found some info that may be of use to you. I'm not sure if your current doctor is the best one to deal with what you are going through. You probably need someone who is very familiar with akathisia. Google around and see what you can find on it. I found this:

http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/akathisia

Igotogod, formula,

so do you think if I get steady the new sxs should get better or will I just get worse.  I am scared. I get off it I go crazy. I stay on it I get new sxs that hurt me..  I am so screwed..  sorry to be such a downer...

Love you IG

You aren't a downer. Trust me, I can't get any lower right now.

They have a paradoxical effect on me as well, but if you felt some relief, I do think you might get more as it continues to take effect. I'm not sure about the swapping of other sxs. It's such a difficult position, I know. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad and hope it improves for you soon.

Maybe take a look at what frus333 posted?

If you had "kill yourself depression" from a few pills you should probably let your doctor know about it.  He might want you to stop taking it immediately and try a different course of action.  Has he considered a muscle relaxer?

Molly :smitten:

If you are currently on 4mgs, split your dose into 3 or 4 equal parts at even intervals throughout the day.  See if this helps.

Personally, I think you did the right thing to reinstate due to the akathisia.  Your body needs to relax to heal.  You just need to get as stable as you can and then do the very slow taper as planned.

This happened to me and I had to reinstate.  I am not well but way better than having the akathisia 24/7.

My only other advice would be to try not to go too high in dose.  I went too high and now it will take me a much longer time to come off.  In hindsight I know I didn't need to reinstate as much as I did...which was 7.25 mgs. Valium.  I am doing a very slow taper and currently at 4.25 mgs Valium.

So sorry this is happening to you...we have to do the best we can,

Archer

I pop in now and then. The akathisia for me was also severe. Loke ants eating me from the inside- yes. I was in agony. Remeron completely took that away for me. Completely. I came down off remeron very slowly over time  as I healed from benzos and it worked. For those that have this awful recovery symptom, please talk to your doctor about remeron versus reinstating. It is a drug often used to treat akathisia. Regardless of whether you use it or not, the body will sulk heal the GABA system underneath remeron. I'm 26 months off and do not have akathisia and am not taking anything. It took a long time to heal from that but it did work.

I hope this helps someone.

Parker

Island girl,

Personally, I would bag the idea of reinstating.  Once you reach tolerance, seeking stability is like chasing your shadow.  I am with Parker.  Remeron is effective, and in my opinion, pretty safe.  It helps with my insomnia.

You got clean, I hope you can stay that way and that Remeron helps you.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1