When will this boaty feeling go away?

[ma...]

For those of you who had the boaty feeling (rocking sensation/dizziness, ) when did it go away?  I have it 24/7 at 11 weeks off.  What about those of you who have recently jumped, do you have it?  Mine is worse after eating.  Is it like that for anyone else?  I feel like a drunk trying to walk.

Thanks,

~Mama2

I had it for about a week late in my taper.  Sometimes I just had to sink to the floor to stop it from moving.  ::). As I recollect, it lasted about a week.

I'm sorry you are suffering with this. This has by far been my worst symptom! While in tolerance, during my taper and the first 6 weeks after jumping, it was out of control! I had severe dizziness. It's extremely hard to deal with! At almost 7 months off, I still have this symptom. It's not nearly as severe, but it's almost always there. I find that distracting myself from it works. Sitting still makes it so much worse. It will get easier for you. I work full time now and live a normal life. I'm hoping it will go away completely soon.

I had it for about 6 months (once I developed tolerance). I have tapered considerably in the past 3 weeks and am seeing an improvement with regards to this symptom finally.

i've had it for 19 months! it's unbelievable! i will be so happy the day it goes away. i also call it undulating.

i can't believe it hasn't ever stopped. it is finally start to diminish a little. for the first 16 months it was extremely intense.

as long as my brain is still revved up--i will most likely have this boaty feeling.

i don't think other's on here will have it quite as long as me. if i'm wrong i would love to know who they are?

i know that more people have this. maybe they didn't see the post. i talked to them all the time.

Bliss John's had this for almost 2 years she told me in an email. i have the email if you'd like me to post it.

i know that more people have this. maybe they didn't see the post. i talked to them all the time.

Bliss John's had this for almost 2 years she told me in an email. i have the email if you'd like me to post it.

Please post it for us. My dizziness just came back yesterday and I'm worried. It gets worse when I lay down. I feel like I'm starting over.

I'm glad you feel a little better pretty.

Please post it for us. My dizziness just came back yesterday and I'm worried. It gets worse when I lay down. I feel like I'm starting over.

so sorry, i got the timeline wrong. she didn't say 2 years. truly sorry. here's what she said when i asked her specifically about the 'boaty--undulating--symptom'

" I just want to reassure you that many people who cold turkeyed and feel as badly as you do, go on to recover. The undulating is normal. I had it for longer than 9 months and it's now completely gone. The same with the severe DR and DP. At 9 months out, what you describe is consistent with withdrawal so try not to panic and just give yourself more time for the healing process to continue.. to completion"

by the way, i still have a little of the undulating (boaty feeling) but it's really starting to ease up for me now at 19 months. but i am a cold turkey so that maybe why it's taking me so long. i don't think it will take as long for you Mama, or lots of others.

so sorry, i got the timeline wrong. she didn't say 2 years. truly sorry. here's what she said when i asked her specifically about the 'boaty--undulating--symptom'

" I just want to reassure you that many people who cold turkeyed and feel as badly as you do, go on to recover. The undulating is normal. I had it for longer than 9 months and it's now completely gone. The same with the severe DR and DP. At 9 months out, what you describe is consistent with withdrawal so try not to panic and just give yourself more time for the healing process to continue.. to completion"

by the way, i still have a little of the undulating (boaty feeling) but it's really starting to ease up for me now at 19 months. but i am a cold turkey so that maybe why it's taking me so long. i don't think it will take as long for you Mama, or lots of others.

Thank you pretty.

I had it during my taper and part of withdrawal. By practising vestibular exercises I was able to get rid of this feeling. Here is a link. You need yo do them a few times per day if you want them to work.

http://www.umc.edu/uploadedFiles/UMCedu/Content/Education/Schools/Medicine/Clinical_Science/Otolaryngology__Communicative_Sciences/Handouts/VestibularExercise.pdf

I hope you're feeling better soon.  :thumbsup: