Recovering alcoholic and in benzo withdrawal

[Jo...]

I am in clonazepam withdrawal.  I was prescribed for 25 years.  Presently on a taper.  Stopped clonazepam first visit with doctor..  I am in need of  support and my dr. suggested here.

Edit: fixed font tags

Hello Joy4jj :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies, you say you have stopped clonazepam, and your tapering have you crossed to valium? I am glad your doctor pointed you in the right direction,you will get plenty of support here. Well done getting off alcohol, I am also a recovering alcoholic, well done to you. A very good resource about benzodiazepines is the Ashton Manual, written by an expert in the field. 

Here is a link to the manual: Professor Ashtons ManualIt is an authoritative resource on benzodiazepines and how to withdraw, the general rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days. Please feel free to check out the forum and post to any of the dedicated boards, you'll find a great community of people a lot of whom are very knowledgeable, we all know what your going through and our caring members will give sound advice.

Here is a link to the  General Taper Plans  and If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

hi Joy4jj,

your Dr suggested to come here ?

well, thats very unusual and my big compliment to your wise doctor.

a warm welcome from me too and i am sure the members here will help and support

you to work out a sensible taper plan and get off this horrible medication. it must be

very hard coming off alcohol and now starting a Klonopin wd but i am sure you

will be successful.

all the best

from claudia :smitten:

p.s. there are 2 links at my signature which will make it easier for you to understand

the whole process. take care.