Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

oh boy the widrawal begins really bad burning sensation in all my body!!!

Hey Linc,

Atleast you KNOW that what you are feeling is due to withdrawals; nothing more. Last time you called it hot flashes!! :laugh: I am having burning in my shoulder area and then "pulling" feelings all over! We have to remember that these are signals of healing and that it's a good thing. Good luck on this new taper, you can do it!! :thumbsup:

Lori :smitten:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd taper was doing good until friday!!! i went to mexico when i got over there at night my heart was racing and ever since that day i have had some little anxiety... Im going to hold this cut for 10 days and hopefully i do good again. i havent gone through bad w/d s/x's until now... i was doing so good that i forgot i was going through a taper!!!

2nd taper was doing good until friday!!! i went to mexico when i got over there at night my heart was racing and ever since that day i have had some little anxiety... Im going to hold this cut for 10 days and hopefully i do good again. i havent gone through bad w/d s/x's until now... i was doing so good that i forgot i was going through a taper!!!

LB-  :)

Glad to see you here again.  Hope you had some fun in Mexico.  You know, I wouldn't be surprised that the trip to Mexico is behind the flare up; change of surroundings, food, schedule could all play a part. It's just temporary, though; you'll get back to forgetting you're tapering again.  :thumbsup:

Hey Linc,

I am so proud of you!!  :yippee: You are tapering slowly and being patient. :thumbsup: And I am so glad that you have not had hardly any withdrawals!! Did you go to Mexico for a vacation or do you have family there?? Right now, I get anxiety just thinking about traveling/leaving my little comfort zone (the small town I live in). So, I applaud you for taking the trip!! Keep us posted on how you're doing...

just last night i got the brain fog back headache the breathing problem and jaw clenching i was concerned why was this happening i guess i for got the fact that im TAPERING so im just going to kneep that in mind...

just last night i got the brain fog back headache the breathing problem and jaw clenching i was concerned why was this happening i guess i for got the fact that im TAPERING so im just going to kneep that in mind...

Hi Linc,

Yes, the fact that you are still tapering will bring the symptoms back, keeping it in mind will help lessen the anxiety a great deal.  When we know the "why" of things the "how" (to deal with it) becomes easier.  :)

Yes, keep reminding yourself that you are tapering.  Today I had to look in the mirror and tell myself.."it is only a symptom, you ARE HEALING" 

We are healing and each day we are getting closer to better health.  It will come, we just don't know when.  Stay positive :)

TOLERANCE OR W/D S/X'S??? IS THE BRAIN FOG THAT CAME BACK TOLERANCE OR W/D? I GOT IT YESTURDAY I FELT ALL THIS COMING FOR A FEW DAYS... THE BRAIN FOR HIT WHILE I WAS DOING SOME HOMEWORK...

TOLERANCE OR W/D S/X'S??? IS THE BRAIN FOG THAT CAME BACK TOLERANCE OR W/D? I GOT IT YESTURDAY I FELT ALL THIS COMING FOR A FEW DAYS... THE BRAIN FOR HIT WHILE I WAS DOING SOME HOMEWORK...

Hi Linc,

It's withdrawal, I still get it off and on and am still tapering.

T2 :smitten:

WHAT ABOUT A HEADACHE THAT COMES AND GOES? MAYBE IM JUST NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP!

Hi Linc,

I had a lot of headaches when I started tapering. Only have one ocassionally now.

WHAT ABOUT A HEADACHE THAT COMES AND GOES? MAYBE IM JUST NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP!

I almost always have a headache but I doubt it has anything to do with benzos. 

Hey Linc,

None of your symptoms are out of the ordinary for benzo withdrawals. I have had each of the ones you said!! It's tough, but hang in there because it will pass. And the symptoms you get on this cut, may not even happen on your next cut. I had a TERRIBLE headache on my 2nd cut and haven't had one since. So, do just try to stay calm and keep telling yourself what you are going thru is "normal" for withdrawals and you are going slow, so you should get some windows!!

Hi my name is Amanda and I have been taking Lorazepam also. I am doing the titration method which has been the best forme! I am almost finished.. I also tried the tapering off which was to rough for me. The titration one the best one in my oppinion the wds are very minimum..

I am glad to read this Amanda....I am currently down to .375 mg of lorazapam a day and my last cut was my worst yet.  So I am switching to titration in hopes that the w/d s/x will lessen.  Glad to hear that you feel it was better for you.

can naproxen affect my taper in anyway?

Hi Linc,

I take Advil for my ocassional headaches and don't have any problems. I found this quote doing a search for naproxen which is a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). "NSAID's when used alone only have a weak GABA antagonist effect on GABA and most recovering "benzodiazepine people" can tolerate them although occasionally people notice an usually small increase in withdrawal symptoms."

well what can i take for a swollen muscle? im guessing i pulled a muscle and its causing discomfort...

Hi Linc,

What do you usually take for headaches, fever or pain? What about Advil or Tylenol? I have had no problem with taking Advil.

Linc - That is something for you to decide.  We are just regular people who are sharing the experience of benzo withdrawal. Theresa didn't have a problem with it.  I used Advil and had no problem with that or Tylenol.

Dr. Ashton has the following in her manual:

"There is no need to avoid ordinary pain killers such as Tylenol, Feldene etc. for everyday aches and pains."

oooooooooooops i went and got my .5mg pills and what happened is that instead of taking .125 i took .25 no good!!! I split it in half and took the half which makes .25!!!

oooooooooooops i went and got my .5mg pills and what happened is that instead of taking .125 i took .25 no good!!! I split it in half and took the half which makes .25!!!

Hi Linc,

A one time accidental up dose shouldn't affect your taper, just go back to what you were taking.

Hey Linc,

I was thinking that we haven't heard form you in a bit. Glad you posted. I know others have skipped doses by accident before, but a one time thing shouldn't be too impacting on your taper. How has your taper been going?? Has that pain on your side gone away? Just wondering how you are doing....

My taper is going great no w/d s/x's my side pain has not gone away. Cant it be related to benzo's? I got alot of tests done and nothing...