Anyone else still have stiff/tight sternum feeling??

[wo...]

Worn out,

I am only about 3 months out but I have the pain you described.  It's hard to believe when it happens.  Just hang on I am sure it will go away for you.  These pills we were on are poison and sometimes it takes awhile to get completely back to normal.

Peace and Blessings

Snufi

Wornout,

I still have it going almost 9 months out. It just feels like a band is wrapped around my sternum and it just doesn't expand at all. I've gained some weight in my stomach area, yet it seems like the muscle tissue around my sternum has stayed the same. I've heard this is caused by Costochondritis or by excessive inflammation of the rib cartilage. I can't really understand why the inflammation hasn't gone away at this point. It frustrates the crap out of me sometimes. I told myself if I still have it after 1 year then it's time to start seeking medical solutions for it. It's still so tender to the touch as well. If I just brush my fingers around the sternum area I get this dull numb tightness feeling. Kind like when you flex your stomach muscles when you get scared or when you drop from a roller coaster. Except this feeling just doesn't go away no matter what. This is one of the few remaining symptoms left for me. I know people have instructed to stay away from steroid shots but I'm going to try a corticosteroid shot to help relieve some of the inflammation. I'm assuming you still have joint pain as well?

Hi, Yep, I have had that, and if I get a sort of anxiety glutamate peek, it can happen.

It is a kind of stiff pressure, and I find if I lean back on a chair and take a deep breath, I can get a loud crack from my ribs.

If I'm not having any symptoms, I.e. normal, it odesn't happen at all.

Od!

It does seem to be directly tied to anxiety level or adrenaline or something like that!

Mine is happening due to my core muscles going out. In serious PT at this point, but my pelvic ligaments just went hypermobile during early w/d (acute) and the muscles went out. I ended up straining the upper abdominals (which attach to the ribs) just trying to make up for the core muscles being out. I'm wondering if that is what's going on with anyone else?

Yep, like that area has a constant radar guard.  If there is even a hint of something coming near that area I feel that goosy fuzzy numbness.  It clinks and clunks.  Have you had any sort of imaging done to see if there is any swelling?  Im still convinced that I have some liver issues because of 20 plus years of debauchery.

Wornout,

I'm not sure what tests can be done for muscle tissue in that area? I heard those kind of tests are very limited since a majority of them is tested on the bone structure. Is there a specific name for that? I went to a doctor and he had an x-ray done of my ribs because he suspected condochondritis. What an idiot. Shouldn't he have performed a test of the tissue around the ribs/sternum instead?

Simple x-rays of the chest should show if there is any swelling of the upper internal organs.  An ultrasound would be a better tool for imaging but x-rays may show some swelling.  I am convinced that I have a swollen liver.  I even think my spleen is enlarged and the two are creating that crowding feeling

i definitely still have this and i am 19 months out. i can't wait until it softens and subsides so i can breathe easier.

why are you certain that you have swollen liver wornout?

Almost 10 years of daily vicodin and beer consumption.  You know about acetaminophen and alcohol.  Plus the 17 years of drinking before I started the pills.  When i ct ed last December I started to come out of the fog and reality hit me.  I have been obsessing about my liver for a whole year now. 

One of our benzo buddies cedartree mentioned she had this for a while and one day she woke up and it was gone. 1 year taper and 10 months off before she finally felt 100% again. I'm hoping to wake up and this tightness to be completely gone as well. Not sure why our bodies are causing so much inflammation in that area.

It even makes me wonder if I have a swollen pancreas.  Well, lets start a sternum thread.  Its just the most creepiest feelings.  If anything even brushes up against that sternum region I feel a fuzzy chill accompanied with numbness right there!

Yes  Goldfrapp should come to the states more often!  Damn it she was in New York last September and I wimped out.  I was all for going out there but it would have been financially irresponsible.  I'm back Iain God physical shape and feeling pretty good in the head, but I am still rebuilding my business.  The pills took almost everything.  What a year.  It has been surprisingly a fast one