• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [An...]

• [...]

• [ga...]

Hi Rico,

I have these heavy heart beats that lurk around ..They are frightening :(

And even though I have gone through EKGs, Holter Monitors, and all checks out fine, I still worry when these heart beats start acting up ..:(

To add to that, I have the back of my head, with tremendous pressure, which makes me unsteady and unable to walk ..And then the empty breaths ..labored breaths, that feel empty of oxygen.

So I sympathize with how you feel ..Maybe deciding to taper, will help you get off this insidious monster ..

Thinking of you .. :smitten:

Love, Anu

hi Anoushka,

You mention heavy heart beats? I had/have a lot of weird heart feelings such as heavy heart beats and I was also checked out with a holster/ekg/stress test. It was found I was having Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), which I have been told are not going to hurt me. Did they give you a similar diagnosis??

Fonz

Hi fonz,

Yes, that was the diagnosis ..premature beats ..They gave me nothing at the ER, and when I saw my Cardiologist, he was not alarmed, and did not want me to take any medications ..

I wore the holter twice ..For 24 and 48 hours.

But these continue to harass me, and they frighten me ..

So I ordered some Magnesium Glycinate, hoping that it will help.

Fonz, how is your BP? Mine gets unstable .It was the reason that I went to the ER, and the premature beats were diagnosed.

I wish all this would go away for us all Fonz ..It is terrible to be held down by these sinister drugs :( But I see that you made it to the end of the tunnel ..:) Congratulations :) Fonz, what help did they offer you, when you were hospitalized for the K?

Take good care.

Love, Anu :smitten:

Thank you Anu! I feel it's a miracle that I made it to the end. I hate to say it but I have a ways to go yet as the waves are horrendous yet :P

I have a funny history with BP, in fact I even bought a BP machine for at home. It's taken a long time for me to grasp but my blood pressure is fine. I have taken my BP HUNDREDS of times with results that varied. I have proven to my self that I can lower my own BP just by relaxing. It's so easy to get all freaked out over BP, I'd set off my own anxiety with it. Everytime I'd go to the ER my blood pressure was high, which freaked me out. In all reality of course it was always high!!!! Heck I was in the ER, lol I was nervous. In my case blood pressure is not a concern anymore, I just had to make my self believe it. To add to this I purchased a Blood sugar tester, again that has proven after roughly 100 tests that my blood sugar is FINE.

My cardiologist refused to even consider my benzo withdrawal could cause the PVC's. He was also against the supplements I was taking (vitamins/minerals etc). Only time will tell if the PVC's are benzo related. It won't surprise me though. One thing FOR SURE, if you research PVC's they will NOT hurt us. Yes they feel strange but they mean nothing. Some perfectly healthy athletes have PVC's and it doesn't effect them at all. My family doctor pretty much laughed as she was wondering how strange it felt having PVC's. She said it was common and nothing to worry about. I spoke to a man in his 60's who has bad PVC's and he said it's NEVER caused an issue other than feel weird.

I have been hospitilized various times for the Benzo but each time the ER could do NOTHING but sit me in the waiting room for HOURS.. After 3-6 hours I'd just wobble out and go home. It makes one feel so helpless. I decided I don't need them and continue to fight this hell on my own!

Thank you for the support Anu!  :smitten:

We will be better!!!!  If you ever have bad PVC's talk to me!! We are in the PVC club together!!! haha  :thumbsup:  *High Fives*

Fonz

Fonz,

I purchased the blood sugar monitor too :) No problems with blood sugar.:)

But my Cardiologist did say that the premature beats were probably caused because of the benzo WD.

He suggested the magnesium!!

And thank you for inviting me to the PVC club :) I accept .. :smitten:

Fonz, what were the symptoms with the K that you went to the hospital? It surprises me that they did not attempt to treat with more meds ..

This is one of my fears, going to the ER ..But so far, so good ..

I admire your disposition and courage Fonz :) You are an inspiration  :smitten:

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Anu

[6e...]

Challis......2.5 mg which i take .5 at 0500, 0900, 1400, 1900, midnight.

Also i would like to join the pvc club too!  doctor said they are harmless and my research suggests that too, but i agree that i am sensitive to my hearts activities..

Nick

Welcome to the PVC club UncleRico! Glad to hear you were told also they are not dangerous.

Anu,  It's nice to hear your Cardiologist is more educated in regards to Benzo's. 

The medical community has certainly attempted to treat me with more drugs but I have refused over and over. Symptoms included severe loss of reality, vertigo, weakness which of course causes more anxiety/panic! My symptoms list is too long to list haha.

Thank you Anu, you will also be in my thoughts and prayers!  :smitten:

Fonz

Welcome to the PVC club Rico :)

And you are doing great, dosing 5 times a day ..I do too ..This way, we are protected from those nasty Interdose WD ..

And you are ready to start your tapering ..!! I will be watching Challis helping you ..Maybe I can be helped too ..My dry cutting was a failure :(

Full of suffering  :'( Sadly, I cut too big for me .. my first cut was .125 ..It was like a train ran over me ..:(

Thinking of you all ..Rico, Fonz, Challis  :smitten:

Love, Anu

Is five bad? Should it be less? 

And yes i am ready to start!

Doesn't matter…it gives you lots of options for cuts.  If it were me, I'd start with the midnight dose so you'll be sleeping (ha! or not).  I'd break the .5 tablet in fourths and toss one piece.  That's .125 which is a 5% cut and fairly conservative.  Keep checking on your symptoms…hold for at least ten days and maybe 14. 

Whaddya think?

Challis  :)

Fonz, yes, I was surprised ..He also was very sympathetic to what I am going through ..

But you suffered a lot too ..:( I am saddened that you had to endure all that pain ..

But you are free of this evil now, and soon all your symptoms will abate ..

That will be a blessing ..:)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Anu

[6e...]
The midnight dose is a pain in the but..wish i could sleep straight thru but that wouldnt happen anyway lol... I agree this would be the dose to work with first because i am the most comfortable at night.  my anxiety starts around 5am as i prepare for the day and peaks around lunchtime.  then eases off towards bedtime. 

The midnight dose is a pain in the but..wish i could sleep straight thru but that wouldnt happen anyway lol... I agree this would be the dose to work with first because i am the most comfortable at night.  my anxiety starts around 5am as i prepare for the day and peaks around lunchtime.  then eases off towards bedtime.

Good to remember when the time comes…leave that 5 a.m. dose for last when you're planning a new cut.  Right? 

Ha!  I remember that's what you said at the time but it ultimately made you laugh and feel better.  For a few minutes, right?  That's about the best we can hope for in the process.