Trazadone?

[eg...]

I wake up with anxiety every single morning. Actually that's not true- I have had two mornings without anxiety since August 31 when I began his taper. Sometimes the anxiety is so bad that it goes into full-blown panic  that last for about two hours.

My doctor, who does not believe in crossover to Valium, has prescribed trazodone. I do not have trouble sleeping at night because my nighttime regime puts me out -melatonin. ( in the form of tart cherry juice) and 2 tablespoons of honey.

Has anyone had any experience with trazodone – I hear it makes you zombielike. I already suffer from extreme fatigue.

The first time  was put on it it turned me into a zombie. Big time. I was on high doses of clonazepam and was already a zombie, but that took it to a new level. I only took it one night and I cried for three days afterwards.

skip two years later, at the tail end of my w/d, no longer a zombie, pretty good energy and no more depression. I was having rebound insomnia and took it again a few times here and there over the span of a few weeks. I didn't really have any problem with it, but it really lowered my already low blood pressure so I did not take it anymore. It felt sort of like taking a Gravol. Just really sedating. Isn't it a form of tranquilizer technically? I know it has serotonin properties....

More people here have a lot of experience with  it. (not me though) There are a lot of threads on trazadone here, have  you tried a search?  Bama.xo

• 2 weeks later...

Omg, I have the exact same thing, I am on Trazodone and while it did help at first I have developed a lot of problems that I don't know if are related to it or Ativan, but I am on Ativan 2mg at night and I wake up in a panic almost every morning.  I don't know what to do about this if I am already experiencing withdrawal symptoms without withdrawing. I have cut down on the Trazodone and I think that is the problem, but I want to get off both of them and don't know how to go about it.

Anyway I would be very careful about starting any new drug.  I get the zombie feeling too but the depression and anxiety still shoot through the surface.

I have cut down on the Trazodone and I think that is the problem, but I want to get off both of them and don't know how to go about it.

Both Trazodone and Ativan have short half lives. If you've been on them for more than a month you are probably experiencing interdose withdrawal. You might discuss with your doctor about switching to things with a longer half life (Remeron to replace the Trazodone and Valium to replace the Ativan). In my experience, drugs with short half life are not good as you go through a daily roller coaster.

Thanks for the reply but there is nothing really else I can take.  Remeron causes massive weight gain.  My depression and anxiety and reasons for stopping these meds are all because of massive weight gain.  What you say is probably correct but I can't swap the Trazodone for Remeron.  I have taken Lunesta before and that's the only other thing that mildly helped with sleep.  Ambien at 20 did nothing for me.  I don't know if Lunesta can replace Trazodone.  I don't know either if I should split the Ativan dose into two, half am half pm, because it is meant to help with my sleep but I don't know if doing that would cause more problems.

Remeron causes massive weight gain.

I'm one of the few people that actually wants to gain weight so the Remeron is a good option for me. I'm sorry you haven't had much success. I'm sure you've tried everything already but I find a banana and glass of milk before bed help me.