Author Topic: Told to maybe post this over here for any insight or help.  (Read 8659 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Told to maybe post this over here for any insight or help.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »
Yes, the Paxil is for the extreme Anxiety. Been off and on this for the 14 years of being medicated. Had been off through the summer.

Hiya Cochese.  Here at BenzoBuddies we tend to focus mainly on benzos but please be aware that Paxil is very well known for nasty withdrawal effects.  Paxil's withdrawal effects can be remarkably similar to benzo withdrawal.  Of course not every gets WD effects (either from Paxil or from benzos) but it is something most definitely to think about because of the intermittent way you have been using Paxil.

There are many threads on Surviving Antidepressants about Paxil and here is just one of them.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

There are even whole web sites about Paxil withdrawal such as Paxil Progress, Quit Paxil and others.

Thanks. I have looked at Paxil Progress during my research this past month.

I've been on and off a lot of times throughout 14 years. Never really had a problem,
The Dr. has brought up before that some shaking and Dry mouth could be due to the fact that I have restarted Paxil again. Says it can increase some anxiety and sxs until it is full effect, etc... I try and weigh that possible factor in when considering how these meds are effecting me since reinstating. It may be the cause of the severe dry mouth and shaking since being switched to klonopin Wed. But dry mouth is also listed as a side effect of klonopin itself as well. Also increased anxiety, agitation, etc...

So it's confusing what is doing what. I didn't have these things anywhere near this bad since being reinstated on Valium and with Ativan from the ER. I've been back on Paxil since 11/9. Just seems things are a little more haywire since Klonopin was started this past Wed. morning. Nor have I wanted to eat, go out, etc...

So I believe it's klonopin itself causing the main issues, and I will take today to see if Anything improves and whether to seek help changing back to Valium/Ativan.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 08:36:51 pm »
Still holding on...

Felt so bad, no energy, and shaking last Friday. Did go to the ER and explain what was and has been going on. The ER Dr. did decide to give me a very small script for Ativan until i could see the new Pdoc. (Was to be this past Monday if needed.)

Ironically, just before leaving the ER I slowly began to feel a Little better. I did go get the 24 Ativan filled just in case. Felt a little better the next day as well.

I did use Ativan this past Sunday, as I wanted good sleep and more food badly, but made the switch back to Klonopin quickly the next day. The past 2 days have been ok. Better than I thought they could be. Eating was good, etc... Late lastnight for some odd reason, I began to feel like Crap. Nausea hit very quickly and I felt like some WD's were beginning to to come back in as well. I don't know what happened. I did eat some funky chips while watching a movie, and about an hour later is when I felt things going downhill.

This morning and so far today, still feel down and almost like WD's are trying to come back. Stumped.
Just grabbed some weights and did some curls, etc..., even though I didn't feel like it. (So out of shape, or from the Benzos.)

I don't know if the Sudden change is from WD's trying to creep back again, or maybe I am coming down with a bug, etc... Several I know are coughing, running nose, sneezing, etc... I have felt this a little the past several days to some extent. Just hard to understand a failry Very good 2 days, including Most all of yesterday, to feel like crap within less than an hour.

Anyway, still trying to chug along and become more stable to make it through the holidays. (I sometimes wonder...)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 05:52:39 am »
Still holding on...

Felt so bad, no energy, and shaking last Friday. Did go to the ER and explain what was and has been going on. The ER Dr. did decide to give me a very small script for Ativan until i could see the new Pdoc. (Was to be this past Monday if needed.)

Ironically, just before leaving the ER I slowly began to feel a Little better. I did go get the 24 Ativan filled just in case. Felt a little better the next day as well.

I did use Ativan this past Sunday, as I wanted good sleep and more food badly, but made the switch back to Klonopin quickly the next day. The past 2 days have been ok. Better than I thought they could be. Eating was good, etc... Late lastnight for some odd reason, I began to feel like Crap. Nausea hit very quickly and I felt like some WD's were beginning to to come back in as well. I don't know what happened. I did eat some funky chips while watching a movie, and about an hour later is when I felt things going downhill.

This morning and so far today, still feel down and almost like WD's are trying to come back. Stumped.
Just grabbed some weights and did some curls, etc..., even though I didn't feel like it. (So out of shape, or from the Benzos.)

I don't know if the Sudden change is from WD's trying to creep back again, or maybe I am coming down with a bug, etc... Several I know are coughing, running nose, sneezing, etc... I have felt this a little the past several days to some extent. Just hard to understand a failry Very good 2 days, including Most all of yesterday, to feel like crap within less than an hour.

Anyway, still trying to chug along and become more stable to make it through the holidays. (I sometimes wonder...)

hi, i hope you don't mind my opinion on this.
but the way you are doing it is not right, how will you ever get off benzos if you don't
accept the fact that it will be very hard for months ?
every time you go back to the ER you get another benzo.
i think you will have to work out a sensible taper plan and accept all the crap sxs .
i am 12 months off and if i did not push through this hell i would have ended up at the ER
a 100 times.

i wish you will find the strength and patience to find the right solution and push through
this, otherwise this will be a never ending battle.
all the best to you, its very very hard , but its worth it. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 08:00:28 am »
No, I don't mind.

I went back because I believed the Klonopin was really messing with me. It's certainly Different. Point being on the prior post is that I decided to try and stick with it as some things seemed to get better the more I kept taking it. Side effects itself was playing with my mind and body, yet seemed to finally break through some.

I do know I will have to go back through what I endured once already at some point. Just want to make it through the holidays first. I wanted, hoped, to be able to possibly go to Work as well through the holidays as I'm just about Broke! Completely. Plus now with more health issues with my Mom as well, I have a even more on me as I"m over everything regarding her health, financial, etc... Just a ton on me. (Plus I really love my Mom. I dunno how things are going to play out with her.)

The other goal was to also try and begin some rehab therapy, CBT, etc..., Before trying this again so that I might could use things learned when it begins, rather than wait like after like the last time when I was so screwed up I couldn't have even attended a class, much less walk or drive to do so... Would like to have those, Any, coping skills, tools, available this time before things get bad. The Rapid Detox did a number on me, in many ways. I still think about what that was like. Hard not to.

I truly do have very bad Anxiety underneath. It was kind of there long before I've come to realize that fact. Some depression and small OCD issues as well. I wish I had found someone before things got out of control after a dental surgery 14 years ago that lead to medication to begin with. I never sought real help before that. Thought things would eventually go away, denial, maybe that was supposed to be the way I was, etc...  (It was never Offered after the incident either. Just meds.) 

So there are things I Need to do and things to start learning before I attempt this again, or I won't make it. Physically or Mentally. Plus any arrangements regarding care like where I'm gonna go, where to stay, etc... I don't have any support or the abilty to just drop everything while I go through this again. (And hopefully what I go through won't be like last time after the rapid detox style. I was in deep crisis. I was at a limit that would not have turned out good. I'll just leave that as that...)

I know to well that it will be hard for months. Likely longer than that, especially with anxiety like I have.
I don't want to go through it on the streets homeless, without some coping skills learned prior, and without Any support.
That's where this would be heading at the moment...

I've been to the ER Twice, the first time because I Had to. Myself and "the People around me who saw what shape I was in" made that call. The ER Dr. also made the call to pull me out, on his own medical opinion. 3 mins or less to make that decision based on my condition when I was seen. I only went back the second time because of what I believe the Klonopin was causing. Point in the prior post is that I'm trying to Stick with It. I didn't use all the small script of Ativan they gave me. Giving Klonopin a true chance.

I've had 3 meds since being pulled out. Valium, Ativan and now Klonopin. I don't believe the new Dr. would write the correct amount of Valium to even start. No where near the Ashton way. Not gonna happen with my experience with Docs around here. Ativan is better, takes to much. Never liked Klonopin to begin with having taken it a month many years ago, yet Trying to stick with it now and gut it out.

So yes, I'm going about this a little different. Yet a Good Taper has always been the goal and I hope some of the "other points" make people understand why...

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 08:37:59 am »
[...], i understand now and i have the impression  that you know what
you are doing. all the best, this is awful i know. take care. :smitten: :thumbsup: