Accuracy in Measurements

[te...]

Yesterday I was supposed to cut 45ml out of the 100ml solution and decided to do a test.  I normally pour the benzo powder and the 100ml of milk into a cup, mix it up, then remove the necessary amount via a 10ml syringe and then I drink the remainder of the solution (without remeasuring it).

Before I did this though, I decided to test the accuracy of the 45ml measurement by pouring 100ml of water into the cylinder and taking out 45ml with my syringe, then I poured what was left in the cup into the cylinder and found there was about 60ml of water instead of my expected 55ml.  I performed the test again with differing amounts with similiar results.  The more water I removed from the cup, the more pronounced the error. 

Since at this point it appears I've been drinking about 5ml too little, I've reset my taper schedule back 5ml to remove 40ml and drink 60ml and decided to use the other technique:

-take 100ml of milk in the cylinder and pour into a cup with benzo powder and mix together.

-then pour the amount I'm supposed to drink back into the cylinder (I have a 1ml plastic pippet that is good for fine-tuning the amount in the cylinder) to be sure to get an accurate amount.

-drink what's in the cylinder and discard everything else.

Hi,

The fewer measurements we make, the more accurate the results. If you have a 100ml cylinder, marked at suitable intervals, then use the cylinder's markings. Just use the syringe (or pippet) to adjust the amount in the cylinder to desired volume.

If you need just a small amount from the cylinder (to drink), 9ml for example, you might instead use a 10ml syringe to draw off the amount you need to consume. Again, this should work well as it is a single measurement.