Fear

[Be...]

I just read something that hit me between the eyes:

Fear stands for "Fantasized Expectations Appearing Real"

I've also read that the opposite of fear is love; that we can't hold both emotions simultaneously.

Not sure what to do with this information but didn't want to lose it. Maybe this can turn into a support thread for how we have overcome our fears. (?)

I had to write that one down, Beeper. How true that is! Kind of proves that anxiety is based and driven by our own fearful thoughts. Bad habits that we have developed in our thought life. All that "what if" thinking and always thinking the worst/negativity. They seem so real in our thought life, but how often do our real fears ever really come true?

Lori

• 1 month later...

Hi Beeper,

I just heard the same FEAR acronym this week.  I really needed it.  I'm really struggling with anxiety and I'm glad I read your post.  I am going to read more about the anxiety issues and what to do.  It's really rough right now.

Betsy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
never heard the anaconyms but I love them.  My husband and I have become couterphobes - face what you fear head on.  We did this in the physical world...afraid of heights - we rock climb - afraid of falling - skydive afraid of the dark - we slept in a cave, etc.. What we found is that the physical overcoming of these fears is easy compared to facing the intangibles within.  But knowing those skills has crossed over and gave us the confidence to face the emotional fears. 

• 2 weeks later...