any older folks on bp meds?

[ro...]

I was on nebivolol (Bystolic) (even though I'm only 21 and physically fit) for some mild genetic HBP. I stopped it about 3 months ago, though (under the direction of my cardiologist, of course). No terrible side effects or anything. :)

I have hypertension and I'm on atenolol.  I've been on it for about 7 years and have had no problems with it, in or out of withdrawal.

:smitten:

i had to take BP meds from the time of my tolerance till 3 months after the C/T.

for the last 5 months i have a BP like a youngster and i am now 60 yrs of age. :)

I am taking Adalat 20mg once a day. I had to take 40mg a day when I made larger cuts. I am back down to 20mg and have felt know side  effects from it. My Doctor put me on a beta blocker years back and it made me feel awful. When you are under stress the beta blocker will reduce your heart rate and blood pressure. It made me short of breath.

I hope this helps you out

I am on benicar for what was I believe incorrectly diagnosed as high blood pressure while I was sick with a pretty bad sinus infection (see sig).  I was originally prescribed 40mg tabs.  I have since lost weight and started exercising and have slowly reduced my dose to 5mg daily.  I do not have high blood pressure now (daily testing puts me averaging 115 / 75) but understand that you should not just stop bp mds abruptly. 

I plan to continue with the 5mg daily until eom November, then take every other day, every third day and so on until I can just stop so that my body adjusts to being off it.  This drug specifically keeps blood vessels dilated to improve blood flow.  I do not think it is a beta blocker.

I take carvedilol 3 x daily. It controls my bp which got out of whack during this awful taper. It has the nice s/x of turning DOWN my anxiety significantly.

Okatz

Im on bp med and was on before wd. There have been issues with dose because of the taper. I have spikes and dips in bp. I'm 44. Hope this helps  :)

I take 40 mg. Lisinopril each morning and have been taking it 10+ years. My BP has stayed relatively stable since I jumped c/t five-and-a-half months ago.

Oh, and I don't know if I qualify as "older", but I'm 59 (but really I think I am a 17-year-old trapped by accident in some old fart's body...)

I think both of these need to be moved to the "other medications" section, and the last one about LOW blood pressure should probably be a separate thread, since by far HIGH blood pressure is much more common here...

Just sayin'...

Anyone know of something to take for low blood pressure?

i read salt can help low blood pressure?

alot of ppl in alternative treatments had the prob.

the only thing w added salt is it kind of makes Tinnitis worse.

Since being on valium, my mom has had random boughts of high bp and she takes lisinipril for it.

These boughts are starting to settle down.

She is 75 and never had high bp before.

licorace root can raise bp.

I take 40 mg. Lisinopril each morning and have been taking it 10+ years. My BP has stayed relatively stable since I jumped c/t five-and-a-half months ago.

Oh, and I don't know if I qualify as "older", but I'm 59 (but really I think I am a 17-year-old trapped by accident in some old fart's body...)

:laugh: i am the same. :laugh: