No Benzos = Lower BP for Beachrose!

[be...]

I never would have imagined this to be a benefit of rme, but I believe that my blood pressure is actually BETTER now that I'm off these drugs.  I've had it checked 2 times in the past 2 weeks and each time it was lower than normal. 

I take a water pill and a calcium channel blocker for this, and have always been on the same dosage.  But just before I started tapering, it started running a little high, even with my BP meds...around 122/84 at both of my last 2 (pre-taper) check ups.  These past 2 checks (post-taper) have been 117/80 (2 weeks ago) and 117/76 (today).

I can only attribute this to the fact that I have less benzo-induced anxiety.  I only took my benzo once a day, and I was having sever anxiety in the afternoon, between doses.  This has pretty much disappeared, and here I am with lower blood pressure.  Who'd have thunk it?

Lots gets better and better, and I'm seeing more and more benefits of no benzos everyday.

I never would have imagined this to be a benefit of rme, but I believe that my blood pressure is actually BETTER now that I'm off these drugs.  I've had it checked 2 times in the past 2 weeks and each time it was lower than normal. 

I take a water pill and a calcium channel blocker for this, and have always been on the same dosage.  But just before I started tapering, it started running a little high, even with my BP meds...around 122/84 at both of my last 2 (pre-taper) check ups.  These past 2 checks (post-taper) have been 117/80 (2 weeks ago) and 117/76 (today).

I can only attribute this to the fact that I have less benzo-induced anxiety.  I only took my benzo once a day, and I was having sever anxiety in the afternoon, between doses.  This has pretty much disappeared, and here I am with lower blood pressure.  Who'd have thunk it?

Lots gets better and better, and I'm seeing more and more benefits of no benzos everyday.

That is great news, beachrose. Who'd a thunk it?  :thumbsup:

Beachrose,

I'm so glad it's going so well for you. That is great that your BP lowered. What a great benefit! I hope it just continues to get better. Good luck Kel

Thanks Teresa, Eljay, Beeper, Mal and Kel!  It's nice to have all your support.  Some days are still a little hard, especially when dealing with stressful situations (like my mom's cancer, or work issues that crop up periodically), and I admit that I wish I coul djust take something to get through the day.  But so far, I've stayed strong, and always remember how bad it can get and that keeps me from going backwards.  I've been doing a lot of meditation (just did the body scan that I think eljay recommended in another string on this site) and that helps a lot.  As does the great encouragement I get from each of you who have reached out to me here.  Thanks everyone - I've needed it!

Beachrose, you will feel better soon the waves will come but it does get better.  Before long this will all be behind you and just a faded memory so hang in there and I am glad you are having some good days.  There will be more to come.

mal