Strange Body Pains (Not Muscle Spasms)

[or...]

Hello all!

I am relatively new to this site, and have a question regarding strange body pains I have been experiencing in the course of my slow taper from Klonopin.

About a week ago, I was awakened by a very sharp pain originating from the tip of my elbow.  It felt like someone had driven a nail into my arm.  So, it was initially a sharp pain followed by a dull, throbbing to-the-bone ache for the following 15 minutes, the painful sensation being centered withing a 2 - 3 cm area at the tip of the elbow.

Convinced that I had just been bitten by a spider (some spider!) I proceeded to thoroughly inspect the area where the paid had originated, but found absolutely no sign of any kind of bite.  Within another 10 minutes, the paid was completely gone.

And again, last night I experienced a super sharp paid right at the base of my skull, enough to wake me up.  Though intense, the paid subsided within a few minutes.

In both cases, the paid originated at areas where there was bone mass, not muscle, so I don't think this is muscle spasm related.  Weird!

I am thinking my Klono-deprived nervous system is the culprit here, can anyone provide feedback or speak to a similar experience?

Thanks all

I get weird shooting pains in my body quite frequently, even before my taper. I know they are klono related, I don't know exactly what causes them. You're not alone though.

Orange,

I didn't have too much of this myself, but I read about it here over and over. Very common, and yes, due to a hypersensitized nervous system for sure.  ;)

Thank you sugarlily and eljay for the affirmation.  The klono taper can certainly do some weird things to the body.  I hope to not go through too many more such experiences in the coming months of taper; maybe the liquid taper I am about to begin will ease these bizarre symptoms, as it is supposed to be a very gentle way to taper off.

Thanks again.