Please tell me pain will stop

[...]

I just need some reassurance.  I have this terrible gut ache that radiates to my back, and drs can't find whats wrong.  It can be disabling and takes my breathe away.  There is no comfortable position.  I have been tested a bunch to try and see what is wrong with me.  I had acute pancreatitis once caused by an ERCP they did to look for the cause of the pain.  I had my gallbladder out a year and a half ago with no help.  Nobody has an answer for me.  I am trying to move to Librium with the help of a dr, 30mg. Will probably be going down in dose again today.  I have failed direct Klonopin tapers.  I do have underlying severe anxiety problems.  I do see a counselor, have done mindfulness, biofeedback, yoga, etc., does not help much. 

I am discouraged, I have had this pain for over 2 years, and its just become worse and worse.  I could hardly move last night, and broke down and took a pain pill which I don't do very much.  I am in agony.  The only thing left that could be causing this is either benzo withdrawl, or my anxiety is bad enough that its making me sick.  I have tried way too much crap regarding meds.  I am discouraged and scared.  I read success stories on here, and want to be one.  I have been told maybe the pain is sphincter of oddi, but the test they did for that shows probably not, a little gastritis which I take Prilosec for.  I second guess any pill I take from blood pressure to an allergy pill (and Prilosec, I wonder if I need it, dr says I do because of gastritis they saw during stomach scope.  Sometimes I wonder if Prilosec is causing me problems)  I seem to fit the typical benzo withdrawl patient, but my family has moved on, and I feel alone.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Hi md. I can completely relate to this. I had acute pancreatitis twice in 3 years and it's brutally painful. After having it the first time, I suffered with the same problem you are going through. I had every test and they could not find anything. Doctor wanted to remove my gallbladder, but I refused. I went through this pain for a very long time. I was on Klonopin the whole time. I am now 100% convinced that the K was causing all my stomach issues. I am fine now. :)

how long to get better once off??  I just need something to hope for you know.  Thanks for your reply.  I am just in agony all day

I can relate to this. I just came back from the Doctor, for me when it does happen it usually take a week to disappear. Did plenty of lab test and there is nothing to be found at all.

Quite sure the Clonazepan is 100% responsible for this.

But as always I'm not a doctor so you may want to be checked

I have been checked, thats the problem.  The drs just look at me and shrug their shoulders now.  I am in agony.

2 years, and just got worse as time has moved on.  I want some hope this will end.  I am trying to wear a lipoderm patch on my gut, it helps a tad, but not a ton.  I've got to have some relief here, its awful.  I am just hoping it will end, and I am not off of benzos, still on Librium.  Trying to move to Librium from Klonopin.  This is depressing, they say I'm depressed, NO KIDDING, I hurt all day and am in agony, who wouldn't be depressed and anxious about that.  My family is at a loss, my wife ignores me now, so I am alone.

md:

your pain may or may not be from thek. The only way to know for sure is to get off the k, (as you are doing). And off of all benzos. After jumping, give it some time. Many poeple seem to find that these mysery pains were due to the benzo and resolve over time after jumping. You just have to tackle this empirically and it may take some time.  If you perservere in trying to find out what is causing your pain, you will overcome it, but you must remain hopeful and be proactive which means examining your pain in response to changes in medicine/diet/situational environment etc. I know that my (sometimes) severe chest pain is certainly due to my benzo wd symptoms. Keep strong.

I have been checked, thats the problem.  The drs just look at me and shrug their shoulders now.  I am in agony.

2 years, and just got worse as time has moved on.  I want some hope this will end.  I am trying to wear a lipoderm patch on my gut, it helps a tad, but not a ton.  I've got to have some relief here, its awful.  I am just hoping it will end, and I am not off of benzos, still on Librium.  Trying to move to Librium from Klonopin.  This is depressing, they say I'm depressed, NO KIDDING, I hurt all day and am in agony, who wouldn't be depressed and anxious about that.  My family is at a loss, my wife ignores me now, so I am alone.

i also think once you are off the benzos and your wd is over this pain will stop.

if you had your tests done and they could not find anything, then its 100% the klonopin.

this must be really horrible but who told you to switch over to librium and taper ?

does not make sense to me .

i would join the klonopin club and get advise from the people there.

i am sure you will get your health back once this horror is over .

take care and try to work out a sensible taper plan . all  the best

claudia :)

i also think once you are off the benzos and your wd is over this pain will stop.

if you had your tests done and they could not find anything, then its 100% the klonopin.

this must be really horrible but who told you to switch over to librium and taper ?

does not make sense to me .

i would join the klonopin club and get advise from the people there.

i am sure you will get your health back once this horror is over .

take care and try to work out a sensible taper plan . all  the best

claudia :)

I failed a Valium crossover, long story, so the addictions dr I am seeing suggested to try Librium, its not quite as quick hitting as Valium and also has a very long half life.  Ashton mentions Librium as an option as well.  So I guess thats where I got the info on Librium.  It all sucks the same, just trying to find a way off you know, and when you are so dang anxious and depressed from being in pain all day with no answers, it is all harder I guess.  I am scared and alone.  Thanks for your response.  The pain takes my breathe away and seems to not leave.  I can't tell if it changes on things I eat, I have tried gluten free diets, and other diets with no help either.  I'm tired.

Hi md40,

I had all kinds of gut spasms and they finally stopped only after i jumped off my benzo! I was also given Librium but i couldnt get on it while taking Clonazepam .5 mg because my sxs would incease.Another doc suggested me getting on a calming antidepressant to be able to get of benzo,i got on Amitriptilyne 10 mg and a week after ( i was in my taper then) i was able to just skip my dose of .125 mg.As soon as i did,all my pains went away so i realized that they were rebound benzo pains and nothing more! All my tests were also normal.

I healed my reflux with Apple cider vinegar,got better after taking it only twice! I dont believe to doctors anymore and use natural remedies.

Hi md40,

I had all kinds of gut spasms and they finally stopped only after i jumped off my benzo! I was also given Librium but i couldnt get on it while taking Clonazepam .5 mg because my sxs would incease.Another doc suggested me getting on a calming antidepressant to be able to get of benzo,i got on Amitriptilyne 10 mg and a week after ( i was in my taper then) i was able to just skip my dose of .125 mg.As soon as i did,all my pains went away so i realized that they were rebound benzo pains and nothing more! All my tests were also normal.

I healed my reflux with Apple cider vinegar,got better after taking it only twice! I dont believe to doctors anymore and use natural remedies.

How long until they stopped?  I have taken 10mg amitrip before, its ok for sleeping, I can't take any higher of a dose though because it dries out my sinus and nose so bad, I have sinus problems already (4 surgeries).  But 10mg was not too bad, may try that again.

I can go look at this ND mentioned by Riverwolf.  I went to a well reputation ND center where I live, and they took $3,000 of my own money, and I did not get any help.  Went on Candida diet, took some herb stuff, never got better, and lost a lot of money that I don't have to lose.  Maybe this guy is different.

Hello Md,

This was one of the hardest things I have had to deal with since I started this in April. As you can see, I was on a fairly hefty dose of morpine for about 9 years, and the xanax for about 4.

When I started this, I has severe back problems. I got the MRI, and it DID show some pretty serious problems, one of the discs had lost all the fluid, and bone spurs have developed between the two vertebrae. I have two other discs that are bulged.

After getting steroid shots and starting the gabapentin, my back problems seem to have calmed down a lot. But, I went through a long period, and am still going through it where I really DON"T KNOW how much of the pain is from the w/d's and how much is actually being caused by the bad discs,etc.

So, what I have decided to do is just bear with it until the w/d's subside and then try to figure out the other things.

I feel for you because I too went through a long period where I could do absolutely NOTHING. I could not sit up, could barely walk, could only drive when I absolutely had too.

I have re-scheduled 3 monthly appointments with the neurologist because I really can't tell anything about the pain until the w/d's go away.

I can tell you that when I do get a brief reduction in s/x's the pain eases up.

What a mess, huh!!!!

Oh well, hang in there buddie! I can't even began to give you advice on this, but wanted to let you know how it has been for me, in the event that I may help some.

Keep the Faith!

My spasms stopped a week after i jumped off benzo,but i was 2 weeks on Amitriptyline and was very sedated and slept 10 hours each night even in acute withdrawal.So maybe it helped also to calm the spasms.

Now i am taking only 5 mg and it still helps me sleep.

Hi md40,

How long until they stopped?  I have taken 10mg amitrip before, its ok for sleeping, I can't take any higher of a dose though because it dries out my sinus and nose so bad, I have sinus problems already (4 surgeries).  But 10mg was not too bad, may try that again.

I can go look at this ND mentioned by Riverwolf.  I went to a well reputation ND center where I live, and they took $3,000 of my own money, and I did not get any help.  Went on Candida diet, took some herb stuff, never got better, and lost a lot of money that I don't have to lose.  Maybe this guy is different.