Dr. put me on Augmentin and Dioxycycoline combo

[il...]

My MD put me on a Augmentin 875mg / Dioxycyline combo for this cat bite wound while Im healing from the I&D. Its giving me an increase in anxiety. Anyone else had any issues with these antibiotics?

[82...]
I just finished two courses of back to back antibiotics. The first Macrobid, and the second Ciprofloxacin a fluoroquinolone. I did not have much appreciable problems other than an increase in night sweats. However, everyone is different and with a sensitized CNS possible flare ups of w/d symptoms with any drug or some foods is always an issue.

My MD put me on a Augmentin 875mg / Dioxycyline combo for this cat bite wound while Im healing from the I&D. Its giving me an increase in anxiety. Anyone else had any issues with these antibiotics?

Augmentin is amoxicillin and I'm taking amox for my newly diagnosed Lyme disease.  I'm taking 750mg. per day and it's making my anxiety quite bad.  A side effect from this antibiotic is anxiety, agitation, irritability, insomnia, confusion, etc.  I have no choice, it's either take it or have Lyme.  And I can't take less, cause doc's nurse said it would do no good.  Gotta bomb those bugs with a high enough dose to kill 'em. 

I am taking doxycycline for a staph infection.  I just completed my taper and am 10 days benzo free.  Some of the w/d symptoms have returned, arms burning, anxiety 3 hours after I take it and GERD.  The antibiotic does irritate my stomach and give me acid reflux.  I try to take the drug with food and follow up with an antacid two hours later - but other than that, it is working.

Good luck and hope you only experience minor symptoms.

I took the same combo in Oct 1-10.Had major increase of anxiety,and i know its the Doxycycline,because i took Augmentin alone several weeks ago and didnt notice anything.

But i HAD to take it,so i was suffering but taking it.After i finished i got a window for 5 days!

Just took my last dose on the Doxy last night. I'll need to continue on the Augmentin for another 6 days. You're right about the Doxy being the culprit. I have taken Augmentin before. Even while in acute withdrawal it never had any adverse effects.

Just hope this infected cat bite heals up soon. It's been over two weeks and I'm still struggling  :-\.

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea. I've just been put on Augmentin too. I have been hit by anxiety bad - even updosed - but now causal issues all in one week cover: PMT, concussion, no yoga and now Augmentin. No wonder I've been hit.

Anyone have advice for other anti-biotics for the future?

Hey becksblue I also have chronic Lyme. Been treating for 2 years now. The doxy also gave me anxiety and some depression and it was somewhat from side effects but also from herxing. At that point I had been undiagnosed for 16 years and was just starting to treat and it hit me really hard. Back when I was just diagnosed with lyme any abx made me herx like crazy. I always thought it was side effects but I think it was also a lot of herxing. Now I don't react much to abx.

Pm me if you'd like to know more about the Lyme. Been in that world for 2 years but do much better.

This past summer I was bitten by a cat and was on augmenting for 10 days. I herxed mildly but had no real side effects from it and was tapering Ativan at the same time.

I never touched th