akathisia?

[eg...]

I have been having bad morning anxiety and a lot of withdrawal symptoms during the day. I got some Remeron and took it a couple nights ago. 15 mg. I had what I think is called akathisia.

So I didn't take the Remeron the next night. I did not have that symptom.

Then I cut it in half- 7.5  and took it -no problem. Last night I take another 7.5 and bad akathisia.

No where on this site or on Wikipedia  have I seen his symptoms associated with remron.

. So I don't know if it is benzo WD or remron.

I will do another test and not take it tonight. And I'll take half tomorrow night.

If is not the Remeron -according to my test- then I may updose to 2 mg.

Many  of you have told me that I have taken to lage of  cuts &  need to slow down. I am going to do that.

My question is is it safe to updose or do I need to stay at 1.5  until I stabilize?

If Remeron is not helping you, then why take it?  I was prescribed this for a short while by my doctor and it was awful.  I am of the opinion that drugs are not always the answer for wd.  I think people need to give their bodies a chance to really heal without all of that chemical stuff. It worked for me.

For what it is worth Remeron gives akathisia so does serequil.  I have akathisia real bad. You do not want this sxs.

Good luck... IslandGirl

Hi...I have had terrible inner sensations which may be a form of akathisia??? I found out that this symptom is not unusual in benzo withdrawal. It's very bad. It feels like a huge ball of pressure inside my upper body, which goes up, down and around all day long. Sometimes it's so strong that I swear that I feel as though it will knock me down :'( The only thing that distracts me is when I move around like walking, etc. Do you have anything like this. Gosh it feels so horrible :'(

CuddelMuffin,

Yep that us it. I also see things moving. I have to walk 24 hours at a time. It can last for days until I get to rest. Even then it does not go away yet.  This is by far the worst sxs.

stay strong...

Hi Cuddle

Remeron can both ameliorate (make better) and induce akathisia. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0924933809707400?via=sd&cc=y

From your history it may be better to avoid Remeron, hold your benzo dose until you feel better and then taper at a slower rate.

Akathisia is a horrible symptom. I had it as a side effect from cardiac drugs and ended up making 5 trips to the ER.

Bart

Hi Islandgirl and Bart

Thank you so very much for answering my question. As of 10/12 I have been off all medication, c/t from 2mg Ativan, 20 mg Ambien. I used these meds for almost 15 yrs. The akathisia is by far the most lasting of all the outrageous horrible symptoms. What I bought was a vibrating chair pad and that helps sooooo much. Thanks again for your support :smitten: