my bladder won't stop yelling

[gr...]

Hi..... I just need someone to say they are dealing with this also.  It seems so weird, but I constantly feel bloated and my bladder is always screaming at me to go to the bathroom.  I'm almost four months out and this seems to have gotten worse in the last few weeks.  No pain really just pressure and a need to use the bathroom.  Anyone else dealing with this, or is this something I should see my doctor about.

Hi Grannyyfed,

I had that too. I talked to my physical therapist and she said there were lots of receptors on the outside of the bladder and my body was getting use to working on its own and that that was going to take time. I was going to the bathroom to pee every 15 minutes. I go about once an hour and sometime more frequently, but it is getting better slowly.

My body has had to get use to working on its own and that has been a part of many of my physical symptoms. This lasted a while for me and now it is getting much better.

Love.

Summer  :smitten:

Dear Granny,

Last week I posted about this and had several responses. Bladder pain seems to be common in withdrawal. For me avoiding acidic foods helps a bit. I drink about 3 liters of water a day. One of my difficulties is I feel pain but not the urge to void so I keep myself on a regular bladder schedule. One friend on the xanax blog suggested limiting salt as that triggers bladder pain for her.

I believe this will resolve as all of the symptoms do. If you have not had a test to rule out a UTI that might be helpful. I understand you can purchase inexpensive test strips at the pharmacy to test for an infection.

When I started this journey I thought withdrawal would mean some heightened anxiety...was I in for a surprise! Every cell in my body has been affected. Praise the day when I declare a full recovery!

Best to you...this will get better.

Carita

I get the feeling of pressure and the need to go at PMS time. Do you go a lot each time or just a little? If it's just a little try to resist the urge for a while to see if your bladder can be trained to stop yelling.

Yes, I had this quite badly for months, but it did finally go away.  The only time the feeling comes back is when I'm under stress.  It always goes away again though.  Hang in there.  Unpleasant symptoms, but they do pass over time. 

All my best,

Schatje

Yeah I have frequent urination too. Extremely annoying. I never empty my bladder. I have to wake up 2 or 3 times to go really badly, then barely evacuate at all. This has been going on for weeks now. I feel constantly bloated.

gosh am i glad i am not on my own. its been 10 months now and my bladder

has not stopped YELLING .

one of my worst sxs.

schatje could you tell us when it went away ? thanks.