Water Titration Spreadsheet

[le...]

Has anyone used this spreadsheet to set up a water titration schedule? It involves taking part of the daily dose in dry form, and part in liquid form until eventually you're completely off the dry tablets and water titrating the last pill down to zero.

http://www.benzosupport.org/Water%20Titration%20Spreadsheet.xls

I am so new to this, but it seems to be a good tool. But, then again, would I even know a bad tool if I saw one at this point??

Looking toward all of you with the experience and knowledge to keep me from shooting myself in the foot before I even get started! :)

I don't think there is anything new there that is not here already.  They don't seem to mention that dissolving the benzo in the liquid is a preferred goal if you can do it.  Do I sound provincial?  :grin:

I think I'm really just hoping for something concrete–like a good spreadsheet–to do all the math and stuff for me. I do not trust my brain right now. Foggy!

You mention that there's nothing there that isn't here. Does that mean that there is a titration spreadsheet here?  Or somewhere? Something that gives me a visual so I can know ahead of time what kind of approximate timeline I'm facing, and what the daily dosage drops look like?

Can you tell that I'm just a tiny bit terrified?  :-X

LOL, I know this can be a bit scary!!  As long as you go slow and don't try to push thru symptoms everything will be fine.

There is no spreadsheet here...and good thing.  What you want to do is find a daily cut that works for you.  Keeps you out of symptoms.  Once you know this cut you will have a better sense for your particular case.  At 1mg lorazapam?  It varies from person to person, but very generally, from 1mg lorazapam I'd expect most to be done between 6 and 10 months.  Many exception to this,.  the low doses can get very slow for some.  Some just need to go very slow period.

You are going to be fine.  :)

Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

To clarify:

I am on 1 mg Lorazepam, THREE thimes a day. I've been on 3 mgs per day for 12 years or so.  I have been on this drug for just over 25 years at varying doses. (YOWZA! I just made the connection that I have been on this drug for half my life!)  :brickwall:

I don't think 6 to 10 months is gonna work for me.  :-*

Well then. At least I now have general idea of a time frame.  A year and a half-ish. Or two-ish. Or thereabouts.  Oh, goody!    :(

Seriously, that's a start and is very helpful. Thank you.

I guess it's time to order my equipment and start this ball rolling. In the meantime, I will take your advice from my other post and spread out my dose.

Now for the $ question...At what rate do I begin the taper? Keeping in mind that sloooow is the only way I'm brave enough to start. I really, really, really don't want to begin with too big a drop and have to go back up.

And did I mention that I want to start Sloooowly?

A cut rate exists that is right for you.  The job is to find it.  I personally believe the best way to do this is to approach it from the bottom up.  We don't know where your right cut is yet, but you must take the plunge.  A super conservative start I would say is .001mg ativan per day.  I think .002mg might be a more realistic starting point.  Since we don't know yet how you will respond I would not try .003 even though your best cut might be very high.  People on similar doses go as high as .010 while others need to be at .002.  If your cut is high you can eventually find it by slowly edging upwards.  This is all up to you, it is a very personal decision.  Whatever you decide I'd suggest giving it at least two weeks to make sure you are tolerating each cut well.

But before you do any cutting I suggest taking a week or two to get the liquid dosing down and to get used to it.

:)

• 5 years later...