Remron questions-starting this today and need answers please and thank you

[eg...]

I've been having withdrawl problems.  I asked my doctor for Remeron.

He told me I would blow up because I would camp out in front of the refrigerator. Is this true?

He told me not to stop the Welbutrin I am on – however I think it contributes to my withdrawal symptoms.

Questions – :idiot:

1. if this works for me can I CT fairly easily?

2.My doctor gave me a prescription for 30 mg. Is that too much? I read about it stimulating at higher doses.

3.Can you who have taken remron for withdrawal symptoms tell me about your experience with it and the dosages you use to achieve benefit?

THANK YOU !

I took 22.5-30 mg remeron for almost 3 years.  It solved my sleep problems and relieved my anxiety.  I did not gain  weight gain any  weight, or suffer any significant side fxs.

When I quit, I did a 2 week taper (15 mg for a week, 7,5 mg for a week, then off) and had no WD sxs.  Probably could have CT'd, but tapering off any psych med is usually recommended.

My scrip was for 30 mg.  I started at 7.5 for about 10 days, then 15 for about 10 days, then 30 for about a week, then backed down to 22.5.  Would occasionally take 30 for a day or 2, but that was the excepetion.

I would suggest starting at 7.5, then gradually increase until you feel you have reached the optimum dose.

Hey, I was on 15mg from January through July. I tapered off, and I may or may not have had problems in Month#9 because of this.

I got worse recently and have not been sleeping, so my doctor restarted me on 3.5mg of Remeron...and that works really well.

I will take 50mg of Benadryl if I absolutely cannot sleep. I think the sleep is key for repairing the GABA receptors and feeling better.

I plan to stay on the Remeron and Benadryl prn, and I will taper off the Remeron when i am finished with withdrawing.

Good luck.

Causing