Need a taper schedule

[su...]

I'm on about .25mg three times a day(every 8 hours). I'd like to taper off a tenth of my 11pm dose. I  have a 100ml measuring cylinders, with 1ml graduations that starts the graduations at 25. I have a squeezer/dropper that goes up to 5ml in 1ml graduations. I am planning on buying a pill crusher upper at rite-aid today. I do not want to taper too quickly, just nice and easy.

Hi,

Which benzo?

I don't think the dropper is suitable - a 10ml syringe body would be far better.

The way our titration system works is to move a tiny amount from your daily dose - you would then divide your dose of liquid evenly over the day. I will run through this more once you have the syringe and tell me which benzo you take. Yes, i could look this up, but I like all the information within the titration thread. It would also help if you add a signature (you do this through your profile). ;)

Sorry, I'm on klono. I'll find the 10 ml dropper today. Working on sig. I'm sorrrry, I feel stupid.

ETA-just curious, not questioning you, but how come a 5ml dropper doesn't work, if I need 10ml, I could just do 2 dropperfuls?

If it has 1 ml markings, that will work.  You'll be taking out 10 ml so need to be able to measure that accurately.

Ya, it's marked 1-12 in ml.  :yippee:

Hi,

First, you need to decide upon a taper rate that seems reasonable to you. This is best determined from your past cuts - a rate that worked well in the past is likely to work well in the future. So, if you can let me know the size of cuts you have made, how often, and how you reacted, we can then decide upon how you should proceed. I will convert these larger sporadic cuts to a titration taper equivalent.

If your taper history is too patchy to base a titration rate upon, then from your three doses of 0.25mg per day (0.75mg total), you might try tapering off over a couple of months - I can draw up a schedule for you. This should be gentle taper. If you feel you go faster, let me know, but I suggest that you taper off this amount over 4 weeks as a minimum. Of course, you can start off at one rate and adjust it later if you need to do so.

Hi,

First, you need to decide upon a taper rate that seems reasonable to you. This is best determined from your past cuts - a rate that worked well in the past is likely to work well in the future. So, if you can let me know the size of cuts you have made, how often, and how you reacted, we can then decide upon how you should proceed. I will convert these larger sporadic cuts to a titration taper equivalent.

If your taper history is too patchy to base a titration rate upon, then from your three doses of 0.25mg per day (0.75mg total), you might try tapering off over a couple of months - I can draw up a schedule for you. This should be gentle taper. If you feel you go faster, let me know, but I suggest that you taper off this amount over 4 weeks as a minimum. Of course, you can start off at one rate and adjust it later if you need to do so.

I haven't cut before. I just know that before I realized I was addicted, it was the 3rd day of not taking klono that I felt the withdrawal pretty badly. I'd like to go nice and slow, a couple of months works fine for me.

OK. I will get back with a schedule a little later today, to start tomorrow. It will last about 60 days.

Ok, sounds good. I take it at 7am, 3pm, and 11pm, I'd like to start tapering off the 7am dose. I have 4 refills of 30 pills of 1mg each. That seems like it should be plenty.

Hi Sugarlily,

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-sugarlily-2008-08-15.html

Add the following to your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-sugarlily-2008-08-15.html][u]My TitrationSchedule[/u].[/url]

If I understand correctly, at the moment you take three doses of 0.25mg per day and you use 1mg tablets. When titrating, you will use one WHOLE 1mg tablet and 100ml of milk. 75ml of this milk (from the 100ml) will be equivalent to your dose of 0.75mg, so this is why you start from this dose. You actually start at 74ml as this is includes your first tiny cut. ;)

So, each day, make up 100ml using a whole 1mg pill, and drink the amount indicated by the schedule. If you find that taper is too quick, just stabilise your dose, report back here and I will prepare a new schedule with a slower taper rate.

The amount indicated is for the whole day, so you should split this into three smaller doses to suit - roughly 24ml, 25ml, and 25ml on the first day. Just keep the amounts as even as possible, and reduce the total in line with the schedule.

If you have any questions, just post here and someone will help you.

Good luck.

Ok, so I make up the 100 ml in the am, pour out my dose my dose and then what do I do with the rest of my milk/klono mix, stick it in the fridge? And, where does the syringe come in?

Hi Sugar,

Use the syringe to remove the 26mls from the 100mls. This will leave 74mls, your first full day dose. 

Then, again using the syringe, split that solution throughout the day the day according your schedule.

Yes, you refrigerate the mixture. 

Linda  :)

Makes sense! This isn't as hard as I thought it would be at all. Thank you so much.

eta-I'm using whole goat milk, I don't drink cow milk, I assume that's ok.

Hmm. The I would assume that would be fine sugar. I used whole homengenized milk at first and now switched to Soy milk and I have noticed no difference. I see no reason goat milk would not work just as well.  :thumbsup:

And good luck, you are going to do great :)

Yes, homogenised milk is is best because the fat is evenly distributed through the milk (the benzo powder is attracted to the fat). If you are not using homogenised milk, be sure give it a good stir before making any measurements, reductions, etc. ;)