My easy way to daily micro taper with milk

[Co...]

Hey y'all, thought I would just post how I was doing daily micro taper using milk. I really don't see this method being used on here much. This method is good for the following reasons:

1. Can't stabilize

2. Too many withdrawal sx

3. Can't change brands of your benzo due to major sx

4. Inter dose Withdrawal

Things you will need:

1. 4 baby food jars

2. whole milk (try to use the same brand every time) or coconut,almond, soy milk if allergic

3. Another glass jar, big (like the ones used for canning or jelly)

4. 1 ml syringe, 5 ml syringe, 10 ml syringe and a 100 ml syringe (just helps to have all of them)

There are different ways of doing this such as a ratio of 100:1, 50:1 and 20:1 etc. We will use Valium as the standard. So an example would be 20 ml of milk for every 1 mg of Valium. This can be done with any fat soluble benzo. The 2 most frequently used for milk titration, that I've seen were Valium and Klonopin.

So let's say you are dry cutting Valium and you get slammed, much like I did. What I did was up dosed to the last dose I felt good on, which was 15 mg. Now Valium comes in 2, 5, and 10 mg pills. I was on 10 mg pills and had just gone down to the 5 mg pills, which I think screwed me up. They just weren't the same even at the same dose. Also I have to make sure they don't switch brands on me. My Diazepam has to be made by Mylan. Can't have Teva, or Watson. So I was at 12.5 mg dry cutting 10 mg and 5 mg tabs. I decided to up dose back to 15 mg and start milk titration. Here is my example at 15 mg with a ratio of 20:1:

1. I put 300 ml milk in my big jar

2. I put three 5 mg tabs of Valium in the milk a few hours before bed swishing a couple of times before going to bed

3. In the morning I shook up the solution again and evenly filled up 4 of the baby food jars with the solution (tip:do this on a big plate in case you spill, you can lick it up)

4. I swished the big jar with water and drank it to make sure I got all the Valium out

5. Took first dose and also swished out with water and drank it

6. Repeat step 5 for all doses

Now the syringes are just a more accurate way to measure out the milk. You can get really anal with this or you can use a measuring cup like I did, up to you. You will need the syringes if you decide to add an amount of milk that you can't measure on a measuring cup. So here's how to do the daily micro titration:

Do steps 1 and 2 above except in the morning after step 2 you will use the 1 ml syringe and take out .01 ml (first mark on the syringe) and shoot it down the sink. It will barely be a drop. Then follow all the rest of the above steps (baby food jars, etc). The second day you will pull out .02 ml etc.

The benefit of doing this is you will have more even blood levels through out the day and more even dosing. Now I understand some won't want or need to dose 4 times a day. You don't have to. You can dose how ever you want. If you are getting inter dose withdrawals, you should dose more frequently. I know I have said this already but stick with whatever brand of benzo you are already taking, I mean manufacturer (Mylan, Teva, etc) you can get slammed if your pharmacy switches on you for some reason. I have found if you are going to use whole milk, always buy the same brand of that too. Once you start titration you might not feel well for the first 2-4 weeks. This is an adjustment period and I found can be made easier by an up dose. Cuts can also catch up to you using this method. If they do, hold or change your ratio of milk (adding more milk).

I was doing this and got to impatient. I started dry cutting again because I felt fine while titrating and got sick. Then I went back to titrating. I should have up dosed and continued to titrate. Instead I jumped off at 4 mg of Valium c/t. I am suffering as I write this hoping others don't make my mistake. Slow and steady wins this race! I might have left some stuff out in my brain fog. If so feel free to add to this or ask questions. Hope I could help.

I do something similar with whole milk, baby food jars, a mortar and pestle, a 100ml cylinder, and a 10ml syringe. I subtract 1ml each day, or I did in the beginning. I am down to subtracting 76 ml a day, I subtract an additional ml every 4 days or so now. Much slower than in the beginning. This way has helped me tremendously. No more huge cuts that give me a lot of symptoms.

Titrating seems to be the best way for a number of reasons. Need to have free reign with our taper to do it and I understand a lot of people don't.

• 11 months later...

Hi, can someone explain what fat-soluable means for people coming off of K?    Do you have to crush up the tabs before putting it in the milk?

Fat soluble in terms of a titration benzo taper just means the benzo will bind evenly with the fat in the milk and form a really even mixture.  This is why full fat milk is used.  Some people crush their Klonopin and some just allow it to break apart naturally and bind with the milk fat. 

Fat soluble benzos:  Klonopin and Valium

Not fat soluble benzos:  Xanax, Lorazepam, (Ativan) & Librium

Water soluble benzo:  Librium

I'm not certain of the solubility of the less common benzos.

So, the milk titration method works well will klonopin and Valium, but does not work well with Xanax and Lorazepam, (Ativan). 

And Librium can be titrated in water.

Hi, can someone explain what fat-soluable means for people coming off of K?    Do you have to crush up the tabs before putting it in the milk?

Fat-soluble means the K dissolves in fat.  This is likely what makes full fat whole milk such a good liquid to use for K and also V.  They don't just suspend, they dissolve in the milk fat, so as long as the milk is homogenized, which almost all are, the K gets distributed evenly in the milk.  Essentially, the milk becomes liquid K, which is exactly what we want.

K comes in various brands depending on the manufacturer and not all pills break up the same when put in liquids.  Some break apart quickly and thoroughly, others not at all.  So it is best to test your pill and see if it needs to be crushed.

I used mylan brand valium and it dissolved really easy. I had the watson before and it didn't want to dissolve as well but finally did. I was scared to crush it up because I didn't want to lose any of the medicine by spilling it or leave some behind on the bowl etc.