what is the safest antibotic to take

[An...]

Hi

Answer yes. Got awful revving, and then thrush. So had to take anti-fungal which was ghastly.

But I am sensitive to everything including vitamins and even coconut oil on the skin!!!

I have read other posts where people haven't suffered too badly or at all.

Usually there is no choice with an infection, as I understand it. Yours may not be critical?

If you do take it, please take a heavy duty probiotic, to try to avoid getting thrush, which many buddies need to avoid after abs.

All the best

Viking

I am going to have to take an antibiotic for a UTI. My doctor is well aware that CIPRO can never be prescribed for ma and is wiling to work with me to find an antibiotic that will kill the bug and that I can tolerate. What about zithromycin (z-pack). It has the advantage of being of short duration, 5 days, and not too many side effects. Anyone had any experience with this? Or what about ceftin?

Hi Oregon

I was given a 7 day course of Keflex (cephalex??? In Aust we have different names often).

I only felt a bit off with it.  Unlike the amoxycillin, and bactrim DS which were both for UTIs. Those 2 were worse worse worse for me.

So if I get another UTI (god please don't give me another one) then it will be Keflex.

And then the probiotic and Diflucan, as preventive measures against thrush.    i got ORAL thrush after the keflex, which was a nightmare to get rid of. 2whole weeks of Diflucan.....best avoided up front!!!!!!

Viking

Hi Angel35,

I started Amoxycillin today,took 2 doses so far.Cant tell anything yet,i will let you know tomorrow.I felt awful since morning anyway,and didn't feel worse after taking it.I plan taking probiotics after i finish.

J

I had a bad reaction to Amoxicillin and had taken it with no problems prior to w/d. For UTI, I had success with Macrobid. It is primarily localized to the bladder so it does not have the same impact system wide on the CNS that others do.

Hi Angel35,

I have had 3 UTI's since on this journey. I took Macrobid each time and did just fine. It is supposed to be designed for UTI's.

Take Care,

Summer