Crazy leg pain/twitching!

[ka...]

I'm looking for support for symptoms following the discontinuing of Klonopin.  I tapered for a month and then now have been off for 2 1/2 weeks.  I have been having severe restless leg like symptoms, but unlike RLS, they occur all day, and don't improve by walking around or moving my legs.  I also don't have urge to move my legs.  My legs and sometimes hands and lower arms have a crawling, twitching sensation in them non stop, sometimes with pain.  Nothing seems to improve the symptoms.  I've tried massage, exercise, advil...nothing helps.  I have read a little on the boards and it sounds like this is common?  I was only on K-pin for a couple months, and never over 2 mg a day.  Is it true that because I was on for a short amount of time these symptoms should dissipate fairly quickly?  What have others experienced?  How long did yours last?

Kareylynn:

I also had the leg spasms you mentioned about four weeks off and it is common.  I've read other BB experience this so I don't believe its in your mind. Try and stay calm and busy.  I would believe that since you haven't been on the Benzos for long that your symptoms should tapper off faster than most but each body, each individual is different.  I am hopeful for you that you will make a speedy recovery.

Hugs! :smitten:

Kareylynn,

I take it you've tried magnesium supplements?  I've found soaking in a warm bath with epsom salt to be helpful.  You were on such a short time, I would expect you should recover fairly quickly but it does seem to be very individual how people recover and you may be very sensitive.  I suffer from RLS just at night and it's awful, I can't imagine having to battle it during the day as well.  Most likely, this will subside soon.

Best of luck,

Kris

My legs felt like they were pulsating.  Actually they were.  I would have spasms, twitches, and pain non stop.  That is a very normal withdrawal.  Most of my physical symptons like that have left me.  Just stuck with the brain weird ones now.