My taper and lost ability to smoke my cigs

[sw...]

Has theis happened to anyone on a taper i was tapering off xaanx using klonopin and a few weeks ago smoking a cig started makeing me ill and i love to smoke it helped my anxiety so i find this very upsetting,,,i also feel so week and like i ahve the flu..anyone else  feel this way

I wish I felt that way. I need to quit smoking. It doesnt actually help anxiety, I have some friends who smoking actually makes their anxiety worse.

I wouldnt worry about not wanting to smoke. If it;s making you feel worse then just dont try it.

Amanda

I went through the same thing and cut way back on my smoking during my taper.  The good or bad news...whichever way you want to look at it...I'm back to smoking as normal now.  :-\

Jen

Your body will go through all sorts of weird reactions as you taper. They will probably all pass (and quickly change).  I quit smoking 3+ rears ago for work related reasons and i still miss it a lot (though I breathe a lot easier). You'll probably be able to smoke again soon. A lot  of these symptoms move around pretty quick. Smoke one for me when you feel better.

I had been a light smoker for a long time (2 cigs per day or so).  I noticed when I started having benzo withdrawals, cigarettes started making my heart beat SUPER fast and actually gave me anxieties, which makes sense because contrary to popular belief, nicotine is exitatory (not relaxing!).  I can not smoke any more due to the new side effects.  Truly a blessing in disquise.  Take this as a little devine intervention.

Thomas