Tapering off Surmontil

[Da...]

Hi there everybody-i have been on surmontil for 5 years. I take 200mg a day.Please if anyone can help with a taper or refer me to a site that deals with this sort of thing i'd be very very happy.

Dayelin -

I don't know if anyone here has extensive experience with withdrawing form anti-depressants.  I really think you ought to start with talking to your prescribing doctor about withdrawing.  You are on the maximum recommended daily dose and definitely need to taper off of it if you want to quit taking it but I really have no idea how you should do it.  Sorry about that.  :(

[7f...]

Hi Daylin, :)

Surmontil was one of the tricyclic antidepressants that I have been on in the past. I didn't have any problems coming off them whatsoever and found them a lot easier to get off than SSRI's. I cannot remember how fast I tapered off them though, but I think it was fairly fast, although I was so on many meds for a long time and my memory may be a little faulty.

You could try this website, they have a lot of resources for advice re tapering psychoactive meds.

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums.html