purple/red feet

[9e...]

[9e...]

My feet from the arch to the toes are purple/red in color.  I have some edema and I think I am feeling some burning.  Is this normal during withdrawals?  My feet were this color awhile ago and the doctor did notice it but had no clue. 

Patty

My feet from the arch to the toes are purple/red in color.  I have some edema and I think I am feeling some burning.  Is this normal during withdrawals?  My feet were this color awhile ago and the doctor did notice it but had no clue. 

Patty

Yes! Red burning feet.

I didn't have it but many have. I"m sure they will be by.

Patty

Hi Patty,

Yes, this is pretty common in wd.  It comes and goes and hopefully the burning will leave you soon.   :smitten:

[9e...]

Does this happen during the withdrawal period or will it continue for some time?  Thanks for the replies.

Patty

Patty, it's really hard to say, everyone is different.  One is not necessarily connected to the other.  I've had both and while the coloring is strange looking it's not the cause of the pain from burning.  They could leave at any time.  The coloring left me but the burning stayed.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
This is my third day completely free of klonopin (last dose rate .0625 1@bedtime) and YES my feet are getting a burning sensation!  This has happened before but with a cold turkey from xanax some time ago (its to familiar)!  My vision is also very fuzzy and cloudy and the most subtle noise sends my stomache into a nervous jump!  I spoke to soon saying how great i felt a oouple of days ago lol....now its kickin me hardcore today but am hopeful it will all subsde!!!  ;D

This is my third day completely free of klonopin (last dose rate .0625 1@bedtime) and YES my feet are getting a burning sensation!  This has happened before but with a cold turkey from xanax some time ago (its to familiar)!  My vision is also very fuzzy and cloudy and the most subtle noise sends my stomache into a nervous jump!  I spoke to soon saying how great i felt a oouple of days ago lol....now its kickin me hardcore today but am hopeful it will all subsde!!!  ;D

Hey, Robert -  ;D

You didn't speak too soon.  You need to acknowledge when you feel good and remember that when you hit a bump.  I've only seen one person on this board get off benzos with virtually no adverse symptoms before or after.  I think that the nerves/receptors are waking up in different parts of the body and different times causing a flare up of one symptom or another. What flares up, must come down, so just observe what's happening and please post when a symptom subsides.  Sometimes people forget to do that and it is so important for everyone to see evidence that the symptoms do end.  :thumbsup:

hello beeper!!!!!  I feel much better and it has only been but some hours...all those sypmtoms i had felt earlier today have subsided completel. I just wanted to let everyone know that it was just a temporary "flare" like you mentioned!  So, just when you think its scary and will last awhile it DOES leave...YIPPEEE  :D

This shouldn't hang around for you.  All of what you describe is wd and you ct from xanax so you know it will come and go.  Aren't those ct's the pits?

hello beeper!!!!!  I feel much better and it has only been but some hours...all those sypmtoms i had felt earlier today have subsided completel. I just wanted to let everyone know that it was just a temporary "flare" like you mentioned!  So, just when you think its scary and will last awhile it DOES leave...YIPPEEE   :D

Wow, that was fast! And now for my next trick... :2funny:

hello beeper!!!!!  I feel much better and it has only been but some hours...all those sypmtoms i had felt earlier today have subsided completel. I just wanted to let everyone know that it was just a temporary "flare" like you mentioned!  So, just when you think its scary and will last awhile it DOES leave...YIPPEEE   :D

Ok, I want some of that!!!  :laugh:

I think everything about benzos is bizarre!  Look at the wide variety of symptoms and the many varied w/d experiences of individuals.  It's positively freaky!  :crazy:

Thank you for all your help and support!!!  It has almost been a week now and I am feeling fabulous...Now if only i could do away with :pokey:(chronic back pain)

This site has been more than helpful and informative...giving me answers and support where friends and doctors could not!!  :)

thanks again,

Robert

Hey robert,

I may be that one person Beeper was talking about with no problems. But I am here to wish you luck. A positive attitude never hurts and it seems like youn have one. So hang in there and know this will pass. Good Luck!!!! :thumbsup: Kel