Anybody have gall bladder surgery while tapering?

[ni...]

About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with low ejection efficiency from my gall bladder (long before Lunesta or Valium so it was not a withdrawal issue). The pain was mostly nuisance pain and the surgeon said there was only a 50% chance that removing my gall bladder would make it go away. So based on that I decided to leave it alone, knowing that probably it will have to come out at some point.

In the last couple of weeks, the pain has been much worse (though this may be a withdrawal thing) and I had an ultrasound today and am waiting for the results. I was hoping to wait until I was done tapering plus a couple of months (I am at 1 mg of Valium now), but that may not be an option. 

So I wanted to know about anyone's experiences with particularly gall bladder, but any kind of surgery with general anesthesia while tapering or early on after jumping.

Thanks.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2008, before I started to taper and then a ruptured appendix in July 2012, during the taper.  They took the gallbladder out with a lapriscope and I went home the same day.  I was in pretty good after that surgery. Not a lot of pain and I don't remember much problem with the anasthetic 

It was a little more complicated with the appendix.  They didn't know it was ruptured when I went in so they used a lapriscope until the rupture was discovered and then they did an open surgery. In truth I tolerated the anesthetic ok.  It did mess with my moods and perception a bit, but I'm told that's not uncommon in w/d or not.  The big challenge was that I told them I didn't want benzos as part of the surgery, which they honored, but then when I had to stay in the hospital for a week afterwards, they refused to give me benzos for the taper.  I finally had some brought in the last few days. But for me, overall the anesthetic had minimal effect on my taper or I was just too focused on the new incision and belly pain to notice