Lortabs and taper!

[ro...]

I have been taking lortabs(hydrocodone 10/500) my question is if this medication will block out withdrawal symptoms?  :D

Oh sure it will.

Have you been on them the whole taper, or did you just start? If you will be on them any length of time, you may need to taper them a bit before stopping.

Needing to clarily my last post.

First of all, were you prescribed these or are you just self medicating for your wd sx? If the latter is the case, you are playing with fire. It's never a good idea to use opiates for benzo wd. You are setting yourself up for trouble.

Opiates have a much higher addiction potential then benzos. You would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Once addicted to opiates,  even if you come clean, you may always struggle with it.

If you are taking them legitimately, take them for the shortest time and the lowest dose possible. 

And anyone reading this. DO NOT consider using any opiates to ease wd pain. NOT worth it.   

I should have been a little more specific with my post!  I have been taking them on and off for over a year now.

I was in a bad car accident last year and fractured my spine in 3 places.  So, in no way am i taking them to cover up withdrawal but they do anyways...i also warn people to stay away from opiates because if i take them for a week straight (when my pain is at its worst) three days off of them i feel terrible...but its a price i have to pay i suppose!

I have so much admiration for people who cope with chronic pain.  I am a total baby about pain.  I also give you props for tapering off klonopin during such a difficult time.  You must have tremendous inner strength.  :boxer:

I should have been a little more specific with my post!  I have been taking them on and off for over a year now.

I was in a bad car accident last year and fractured my spine in 3 places.  So, in no way am i taking them to cover up withdrawal but they do anyways...i also warn people to stay away from opiates because if i take them for a week straight (when my pain is at its worst) three days off of them i feel terrible...but its a price i have to pay i suppose!

Robert your post really hits home with me. I have had to take opiate painkillers during my taper, and it always seemed to make things worse for me in the short term...just as you said there is the withdrawal from them that you have to deal with, and then after the physical symptoms subside I always tend to get hit with a few days of cranked up anxiety. This stacked ontop of benzo WD just makes for a miserable time. But if you need them, then you need them for your pain management. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this, and I can really relate to you.

hang in there Robert.

-Scott

Hi Robert,

I also took hydrocodone on and off. I didn't have a problem. I try to not take it now unless I really need it. I used to take it daily and then when I stopped i didn't notice anything. I would only take one 5/500 pill though, not alot. I maybe a freak of nature though. twenty years ago I did alot of cocaine atleast 5 out of 7 days for 4 yrs. I looked in the mirror and said no more. Didn't get any wd's from that either. So since my past didn't kill me and I care about my future, I'm just going to stay away from all that I can. I do suggest if you take alot you also taper. Pretty much the same as you did the benzo. By the way hurray for you for being off!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: Kel