"need schedule for titration of 0.5 lorazepam"

[ma...]

Mandy's pills are 1mg.  She takes it once a day, I believe.  :)

Mandy, What date would you like your taper to start?

• 2 weeks later...

Mandy ok so I got your PM that you are ready to get going with this.

I need some information from you I am sorry if you answered this before but just so everyone is on the same page

I know you mentioned that you increased your dosage while on vacation to stablize yourself..ok..so work with me for a minute and lets get the follwing info :)

Pill size: 1mg tablets

Current daily dose: 0.75mg (0.5mg in the am and 0.25mg later in the day)

Cyclinder size and increments:

Start Date:

Reduction Rate:

Can you fill in those last three things for me Mandy? :)

I will wait for your replies before proceeding further.

Pill size: 1mg

Current dose: o.5 at 10 am and .25 at 10 pm

cylinder size: 50 ml 10 250 ml

start date: ASAP

Reduction Rate: 10 to 12%

mandy you said there are no increments (lines) dividing up the cup?

Colin when you get a chance, can you weigh in on this? can we stll makes this work at all?

I can work a schedule to work with any sized cylinder, and with ant sized increments, but the there must be a reasonable amount of increments marked on the cylinder to allow for small reductions in dose. A 100ml cylinder is ideal, with 1 or 2ml increments. In reality, 5ml increments on 100ml cylinder would sufficient for most people.

The cylinder must be incrementally marked for a schedule.

A PM I recieved from Mandy today pertaining to her info for the titration:

"ok so the only measuring cup I found today goes from 1o ml to 120 ml. I also found a medicine spoon that goes from 1ml to 10 ml so I think that would work? "

Mandy, can you please post all your info here in your thread instead of the PM's? :) I do enjoying chatting with you but

it would be more convienent for you and others that can help you, incase I am not here one day everyone will still be able to see the latest info. And it helps to have all the info centralized in one place..just makes it easier to get everything we need to help you. :)

now to the info, does this measuring cup have increments on it? if so what are they?

Scott

Sorry about that, just was going to here the last messages where from... :)

"ok so the only measuring cup I found today goes from 1o ml to 120 ml. I also found a medicine spoon that goes from 1ml to 10 ml so I think that would work? "

Don't be sorry...I just want everyone to be on the same page with your information.  :thumbsup:

Ok so, what are the incremenets on that cup? the little lines dividing it up...Remember, those are important :)

Hi Mandy,

The '10 to 120ml' measuring cup you mentioned, what size increments does it have? It might well be suitable.

No, not really. You would have to fill it up many times to reach a volume of, say, 100ml, and this is inconvenient and less accurate. Your pharmacist should be able to supply a 100ml cylinder with 1 or 2 ml increments, or you can find them online very cheaply.

Mandy,

You could use just two syringe fulls (20ml) and reduce by 1ml at a time. This would, in effect, mean that you splitting your pills into twentieths, which should give you a smooth taper. If you are agreeable, I'll work up a schedule based upon this. I will need all the other information that Scott from you earlier in this thread.

yes that will work :yippee:

OK

OK

Irrelevant - you will use your 10ml syringe instead! ;) Just load it up twice to make up a solution of 20ml.

I'll write this up tomorrow to start the following day - 6th August.

Well, pick a figure - I will also need to know over how long. For examples: 10% over 7 days, 12% over 14 days, etc. Whatever suits you. If you need help to determin a good figure for you, post here with with tapering history.

Hi Mandy,

here's your titration schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-mandy07825-2008-08-06.html

Place the following in your signature (through your profile):

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-mandy07825-2008-08-06.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

You will make up 20ml of liquid each day, with one whole pill, and drink less of this liquid as your taper progresses. You will need to work out a method that works for you. You might try something like this: grind up one pill and carefully add it to a small mixing bowl; add some milk to a cup and draw up about 5ml into the syringe body; add this 5ml to the powdered pill in the bowl and mix thoroughly; draw up all this liquid (milk and powdered benzo) from the bowl back into the syringe, and then draw up additional milk so that it the syringe is full (10ml); empty this liquid back into the mixing bowl; draw up another 10ml from the cup to the syringe and add this to the mixing bowl.

You now should have 20ml of liquid (milk and 1mg powdered benzo). Simply use the syringe to either discard the unwanted liquid to leave the dose you require in bowl; or when you reach a low dose, it will be easier to instead draw up into the syringe the liquid you actually require and dispose of what remains in the the bowl.

Of course, you can use two small cups - I only used a 'bowl' for clarification in my explanation.

When you are reach the stage of drinking just a small amount of the liquid each day, to aid splitting this small volume into several doses over the day, you might instead pour the prepared dose from the syringe into a third cup, and top this up with yet more milk so that you can more easily divide the small volume into several doses.

Please let us know if you need clarification.