Valium xanax vistaril vicodin

[Ti...]

I have what is called IC ( INTERSTIAL CYSTITIS)

All of the above mentioned drugs have been prescribed sorta willy nilly by different Drs but they where in contact with one another for my pain!

All I've had is bad side effects with 0 relief and now having withdrawl I think ??!

That's my question,I've only been on the vistaril and xanax for less than a month but I'm having all kinds withdrawl type symptoms!

Drs who prescribed them just kinda left me out to dry and say there's nothing they can do?????

WTF...

I feel like I'm going insane and actually asked my husband to commit me this morning!

What do I do?

HELP

Hello Tina57,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! My goodness you have been on quite a lot of medications in a short period of time.  While I know that IC can be very painful, I don't have any experience with that condition.

Are you taking both valium and Xanax?  What dose of these drugs are you taking? Both Xanax and valium are benzodiazepines and dependency can develop in a short period of time.  Vicodin is an opiate and can have its own set of withdrawals, although usually less strong than benzo withdrawal.

Once you have given us some further information, we can offer more guidance.  Did you stop taking everything now?

Because you have been on the Xanax for less than a month I don't believe a long drawn out taper is necessary.  If you have been on valium longer, then a more gradual taper might be advisable.

You are not going insane but certainly your nervous system is confused right now.  This won't last however, but it may take a little time for things to settle for you.

I'm going to give you a couple of links for information.  The first is to the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw.  It also explains how these medications affect the nervous system.  The second link is to the Withdrawal and Recovery Support board where you can ask questions.

Professor Ashton's Manual

Withdrawal/Recovery Board 

Our members are very well informed and helpful, I'm sure they would be happy to weigh in on your situation.  Members can reply with the best information if they know your medication history so please create a signature line listing your medications and doses.  Here are the directions to do that: Create a Signature.

pianogirl

Not taking the xanax and valium together at all.

I am however taking the vistaril and xanax.

I have insomnia from one of the two!

I take mostly vistaril and that seems more bothersome than any of them!

It is suppose to help with the mast cells overworking and for anxiety!

Recommended because I was told no addiction or side effects!

Further from the truth..It seems to have exaserbated the anxiety and the horrible depression!