jumping OFF

[ro...]

I am taking a .125 once at bedtime in my taper...I was wondering how many people jump off from this point?  I am feeling generally well and feel that i could possibly do it but I DO NOT want to mess this up.  Or, do you recommend doing a liquid off of this dose?  Or, is it a personal choice? lol

robert

Good morning, Robert.

Wow, you are sooo close. I totally understand you wanting to do this "right" but there may be different opinions on how to do that.  I cut my last dose of lorazepam .125mg and it is shorter acting than klonopin so I think you will be fine to just take a breath and drop that last dose.  My thinking is that you could reinstate that dose if it is too rough and then do a titration taper over a longer time.  As I understand it, klonopin is available in a liquid which makes titration easier although pills can be crushed and mixed with liquid. How long have you been at .125mg?

Congrats on getting this far. Soon we will be celebrating your freedom!

Hi Robert.

I did it. With few problems. If you have been relatively ok thru your taper, I'd say you should do ok jumping from this amount.

If you are a bit leery, you can always do this: Assuming you use 0.5 pills, take a quarter pill, crush it, split in two piles and take one pile a day (.0625mg) for another week. Then jump from there.  :)

Hi Robert.

I did it. With few problems. If you have been relatively ok thru your taper, I'd say you should do ok jumping from this amount.

If you are a bit leery, you can always do this: Assuming you use 0.5 pills, take a quarter pill, crush it, split in two piles and take one pile a day (.0625mg) for another week. Then jump from there.  :)

Robert, this sounds like a good option. That is exactly where I am...I stayed on.125mg  for about a week and now am making the plunge. Let me know how you do...thanks elijay!

Hi Robert.

Robert, this sounds like a good option. That is exactly where I am...I stayed on.125mg  for about a week and now am making the plunge. Let me know how you do...thanks elijay!

You are welcome Hit!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
I took your advice Eljay and decided to do .0625 for a week or so....now its just a matter of stopping!  I am suprised at how i am able to handle drinking coffee now in the morning without it really freakin me out...things are falling into place.  My sleep has improved tremendously  :yippee:

I took your advice Eljay and decided to do .0625 for a week or so....now its just a matter of stopping!  I am suprised at how i am able to handle drinking coffee now in the morning without it really freakin me out...things are falling into place.  My sleep has improved tremendously   :yippee:

Good to hear Robert!

Anytime you are feeling ready, just go for it!

Just remember, you may feel a bit of a bump in the next few weeks. This is normal. You MIGHT want to hold back on the coffee for a bit more, it may bite you in the butt after your jump.  ;)

i am able to handle drinking coffee now in the morning without it really freakin me out...things are falling into place.  My sleep has improved tremendously   :yippee:

You lucky dog you! :)