Author Topic: Writing a book maybe - need your help  (Read 13150 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Writing a book maybe - need your help
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 03:54:30 pm »
I think an e-book would be great. You would have thousands of customers just from this BB. Or a website from which you sell the e-book.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 04:02:11 pm »
I forgot -- please leave God out of it. I know that would turn me off. I would want to read how YOU (and by extension, us) had the strength to withstand this withdrawal. If I thought I would have to have God to help me, I wouldn't read the book, as I am not a Christian. I would want to read how an ordinary person got the guts to go through this . . . with help from friends and family, of course. And what they went through and what they learned. How they got through the tough times. All that. Sorry if this offends you, but whenever I read a post that references God, I cringe. And move on to the next one. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »
[...] write that book,it is desperately needed; don't let all of your suffering be in vain.Your book may save someones life.When I first came here,I wanted to know that I would heal,was there anything that would ease my suffering,that I was not damaged forever.I'm contiplating writing a book from a different standpoint.I want to write from a blow the whistle standpoint.I wish I had the resources to write this book an give them all out for free as a public service.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:46 pm »
[...],who know best how to get through this nightmare than us who are doing it,and those that have done it.Not doctors,or any other so called medical professional.Please Please write that book.If you are waiting on god,why wouldn't god want you to write this book.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »
Write that book, [...], and I like that it will be comversational.
You have posted so much which has helped all of us--
that book is needed--it will help many.

And thanks for thinking about doing this--it will reach many.

All my best,
[...]  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:55 am »
[...],
yes, yes, yes, write the book.  from what i've read here on BB, you write extremely well, and you are very knowledgeable, and even better you have first-hand experience in what you are writing about.

when i was embarking on this crazy journey, here's what i would have loved to know:
- the first thing: what's up with these crazy symptoms?  are they normal?  it seems the mojority of the topics here on BB are questions about that, so you definitely [...] a section describing the wide array of potential symptoms.  everyone who hits tolerance first wants to know "is this benzos doing this to me? and is this normal?". 
- and then i wanted to know exactly why the heck this was happening, so you definitely [...] descriptions of what's going on in your brain (which you've already explained so well in your posts).
- and i also wanted to know how to deal with the symptoms, so you definitely [...] some description about dealing with tolerance, and the different phases of w/d.
- and then i wanted to know how to start getting off these benzos, and all of the detail about that like "how long will this take?".  so you definitely [...] descriptions of tapering, cold turkey, the different points of view on that, and peoples experiences throught the entire process.
- maybe some info that might have helped too: "this might be what you hear from your doctor, if your doctor isn't benzo-wise, but here's what real people's experiences are".

anyway, that's my two cents.  write the book!

Z

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:50 am »
Call the book

"HARDER THAN HEROIN,
The benzo story"

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:33 am »
[...],
Please write that book, there is just not enough information out there.  When I went off benzos and was completely lost, there was just nowhere to turn, my doctor was clueless.
I was just lucky to have stumbled onto BB, it was very hard to find.
Also if you could include a line or two about benzos being a problem for some even at low doses and short terms, my doc just couldn't get past this.

Do you see a pattern emerging yet?  No one has said "don't write the book"  would that possibly be a sign of God's leading for you?
I hope so.

Take care,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »
Dear [...],

Please write the book...It is desperately needed.
I personally would like to see a book written to educate the medical professionals..so maybe they would not be so quick to write for these drugs....and if the inherit us after we have been damaged by benzo's, they would have a clue what they were dealing with.
I live in a part of the US that is fairly progressive, and I have yet to meet one healthcare professional that knows anything at all about Benzo withdrawal....
I wish someone would make sure the healthcare industry is at least aware of this.
As for "what I wanted to know the most about Benzo withdrawal"....Most of want to know that this will end and ways to make more bearable.

I did laugh out loud when reading the post by Noklono..now that was funny.
I think God already told you to write the book....You went through this and you survived, No, you actually thrived.
Not many people have contributed as much as you have while going through WD....
I hope you decide to write the book.
I know it will be helpful to many and maybe it will educate the healthcare community too....

Thanks for all you do.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »
I forgot -- please leave God out of it. I know that would turn me off. I would want to read how YOU (and by extension, us) had the strength to withstand this withdrawal. If I thought I would have to have God to help me, I wouldn't read the book, as I am not a Christian. I would want to read how an ordinary person got the guts to go through this . . . with help from friends and family, of course. And what they went through and what they learned. How they got through the tough times. All that. Sorry if this offends you, but whenever I read a post that references God, I cringe. And move on to the next one.

I agree with this.

I do the same. I use to be a believer in god, but that became obsolete during my journey.

I don't think it has anything to do with god.

I mean honestly, if there was such a loving, compassionate, understanding god, then why would he let all of this happen in the first place? 

I would read the book, but I would cringe at any religion or references to god in it.