Author Topic: Writing a book maybe - need your help  (Read 13121 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Writing a book maybe - need your help
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2016, 10:40:39 pm »
Hi All, I just popped back in after a good long time, and found this post through a thread on long withdrawals. Here at around 5 years out for most of us (from looking at your signatures). I'm seeing that I'm not alone in having symptoms (like akathesia) after all these years. I just got some tests done and my eeg shows nothing unusual, and I was having strong symptoms during the 90 minute test. I have often used a couple vodka tonics to quiet them down for just awhile, even while I know it might be dragging things out by slowing down healing. Have any of you felt pushed to the same thing? Other than that Q. I am really mad-a whole lot of feelings in here!! I'm 55 and it's been 10 years since I had my 'life-altering event' and was put on 2 benzos; Xanax and Klonopin, plus Tegretol (anti-convulsants). I feel like the John Lennon song-"All I Want is Some Truth."
~[...]
ps. nice to see you all again  :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:35:53 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2020, 07:09:19 pm »
Please let us know if you wrote a book. Your beginning post has been so helpful! Thanks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2020, 10:07:59 pm »
Hi 52and forward,
I'm not the one who put that header saying anything about writing a book lol, at least I don't remember doing so. Do you have long lasting symptoms also?

[Buddie]

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2020, 04:42:30 am »
Hello -

Just a word of encouragement, we do survive these medications and we do get better and we do heal despite them. 

Like mostly every individual here, I was terribly, badly off.  I'm not about to try to convince you just how badly off I was, other than to say that I was bad

My experience has taught me, that there is no substitute to get to the other side, other than to go through the withdrawal to get there.  But the road would have been made much easier, if there would have been support along the way.  That, and the recognition of what it is we are going through, as well as why it is we are going through it.  This is where the medical community has TRULY failed us.  Speaking for myself, it's the trauma of the ordeal that lasts far longer than the actual withdrawals [ordeal] themselves.   

I have come to understand that the medications cause our bodies to respond as though they/we were/are in danger, under attack.  The same as if we were in the middle of a war zone.  Our sympathetic nervous system kicks in, and despite our outward circumstances, responds as though our lives are actually in danger.  (hence the "war zone" analogy)

The sympathetic nervous system is automatic.  It is our bodies built-in safety mechanism.  We do not control it; it is, as I said, automatic.  If the medical community would only embrace our counter-narrative, and hold themselves accountable, they would then educate themselves, and as a result, further their medical understanding on these and many other psychotropic medications.  But instead, we are dismissed.  Our suffering, minimized.  Because as I stated, our experiences speak counter to their accepted, and tightly embraced, narrative.       

Please don't take my strong words as bitterness, because they are not.  Instead, they are a cry of sadness.  Sadness for the needless suffering of people past, present and future. 

All of you will get through this.  Trust me, I've been there.  And now - I'm here. 

grace, [...] & love -

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2020, 12:44:01 am »
Has anyone on BB heard from [...]? She was so active on BB and helped so many people. In any event I hope that she is doing well.