Head Pressure

[tr...]

Hello all, well I still am having a majorly hard time with tapering Klonopin mainly due to insomnia.  Anyway, I have a new symptom that I believe is related to benzos and I would love some feedback.  Of course my doctor says no.  I have some kind of pressure in my head in between doses (he now has me splitting those dose every 12 hours, it is a compound taper, but in normal mg I am on .90mg every 12 hours).  It is really, really weird.  Has anyone else had this sensation?  I say head pressure but it is hard to describe exactly that is the closest thing I can say.  Could this be from benzo withdrawal?  I am not allowed to use the word withdrawal with my doctor because he says I am on a taper no in withdrawal.  Well fine.  Whatever, I still have symptoms.  Anything to do with benzos do you all think?  Thanks!

Hello all, well I still am having a majorly hard time with tapering Klonopin mainly due to insomnia.  Anyway, I have a new symptom that I believe is related to benzos and I would love some feedback.  Of course my doctor says no.  I have some kind of pressure in my head in between doses (he now has me splitting those dose every 12 hours, it is a compound taper, but in normal mg I am on .90mg every 12 hours).  It is really, really weird.  Has anyone else had this sensation?  I say head pressure but it is hard to describe exactly that is the closest thing I can say.  Could this be from benzo withdrawal?  I am not allowed to use the word withdrawal with my doctor because he says I am on a taper no in withdrawal.  Well fine.  Whatever, I still have symptoms.  Anything to do with benzos do you all think?  Thanks!

Yes, head pressure is almost universal in benzo withdrawal from what I've seen.  It's described in all sorts of different ways, for me it's as if my entire head is stuffed with wool, along with minor to moderate pain and discomfort.  Although my other symptoms (see my story, link below) are almost all gone, head pressure is still present especially in the mornings.  I should ad that I'm tapering citalopram now, which doesn't help...

:crazy:

Megan

Yes - head, face, brain pressure... an endless parade of weird sensations moving gradually around my noggin. Very common in benzo wd.

(I always thought J.K. Rowling should have co-opted "reducto ad absurdam" as one of her pseudo-Latin Harry Potter spell words, like "engorgio" and "homenum revelio" - it would be the spell you cast to turn people into mice.)

Yeah, I've found that even on my "good" days the head pressure is always there. A few of the posters on here who have made full recoveries report that it gets better at about a year off - although I'm at a year off as of a few days ago and it's still there - but everyone has it and everyone says it goes away eventually. I find that chewing gum helps, and when it gets really bad I wander down to the local massage therapy school and spring for a craniofacial. That REALLY helps.