just had bad fit in hospital - given iv lorazepam

[da...]

I just had an awful seizure when I was thrashing all over the bed like Linda Blair from the excorcist.It is 02.20 here in the UK. Not sure I can stand much more of this.

Had to be held down by nurse. Losing everything and the will to live. Trying to get some sleep.

Goodby.

We are with you, Dandy!!!!!    Please hang in there. What you are going through is awful. I won't ask questions til you are okay again, but please know that my thoughts and prayers for your strength and peace are with you.

I had a horrible hospital experience Saturday. I know it's bad. Hang in there. You will walk out out of this!      Much love, ~OneLove :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks onelove. Nurse called emergency doctor given oxygen. Trouble is 2mg lorazepam only equal 1mg clonazepam. I just wanna die in peace. Had good life until recently now time to go.

Nurse and the doctor continually at bedside tubes everywhere.

Now trying stop me posting. I am delirious and swearing. This is awful trying to sedate me more of.Cannot post at moment.

Bye

This suffering will no last.  60mg was a very high amount to be forced to cold turkey off of.  If this hospitalization leads to a reinstatement with a far more reasonable taper, then that will not necessarily be a bad thing given the brief time you've been off.

Best wishes, and feel well soon.

:smitten:

short acting benzo's are not a good choice.

My mom was suffering 3 hours before her next doses until she switched to valium which is much longer acting.

The only thing is that it takes some time for your blood levels to rise.

Please hang in there and don't give up.

I'm praying for u!

Not sure if know what they are doing. Feeling very groggy and they inserting diazepam where the sun doesn't shine. This is awful and unnatural. Don't know what happens next.

Loads of doctors around all shouting. I would rather die. Thinking of refusing consent.

Bye

I think they are getting desparate as they have given me something called heminevrin whatever that is . Must go - just asked me religion.

Bye

Hang on Dandy. So sorry you are going through hell. Just looked up the med they are giving you and found this:

How does it work?

Heminevrin capsules contain the active ingredient clomethiazole, which is a type of medicine called a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic. It acts in the brain to aid sleep.

Clomethiazole works by acting on receptors in the brain called GABA receptors. This causes the release of a neurotransmitter called GABA in the brain.

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/alcohol-abuse/medicines/heminevrin.html#ixzz2butezX2t

Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

Thanks feeling very groggy drowsy. Can only hope know what they are doing . I feel docs are getting desparate trying all different meds.

Now have brother and sister with me. Sister is crying.  This is too awful.

Doctors frantic don't sense happy ending.

What a fool am I.Thanks to all you lovely people. Gut feeling will be okay. The National Health Service is free and wonderful.

Avoided going on life support. thank god although not out of woods yet .

The love you have shown me is unbelievable even though you don't know me.

God bless you all.

D

I am relieved to hear things seem to be going a bit better over there now for you. You had me worried. Just knowing that you were going through such terrible pain and torment.

Hang in there man, you'll be okay, reinstate and then taper slowly. Good luck my friend

hang in there D! you can do this! glad you are better. hope you can stabalize. i sure know what it's like to be in ER coming off benzo's and no it's not fun. but you can do this! praying for you ~

pretty

Just to let everyone know I am now on general ward and being well looked after . I am being maintained on copius amounts of lorazepam IV and comfortable.

I will be in for a few days until a proper taper is sorted.

May I take this opportunity to thank everybody for the unyielding love and support that has kept me going through this awful time.

I appreciate I was so stupid in the first place but thanks for your forgiveness.

God bless you all.

D

Dandy, I'm just so glad you are getting good care. I have to say, the Ativan they gave me in the hospital last Saturday felt soooooo good and relieved all my symptoms, including long term chronic pain. I almost wish I could switch back and taper from it.

Anyway, enjoy the relaxation and know that you are being held in highest thoughts for your comfort and healing.

Love,  ~OneLove.  :smitten:

Dandy,

yes that ativan they give you in the ER can sure help you feel calm. i can't tell you about many times i've done this. i hope you can stabalize that taper rightly and in a way that's slow and comfortable. so glad you're feeling better!

pretty

I was today discharged from hospital and went straight to my regular doctor. He was fantastic and spent time with me.

Not keen on lorazepam but has given me 20mg diazepam 4 x daily + 15mg zoplicone at night . Told to ring if any problems.

Will try this for 4weeks.

May I reiterate my thanks again to all who supported me during this horrible period in my life .God bless you all. 

D