Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

thanks, River Wolf, for helping me deal with my irrational fear.  I didn't have this fear pre benzo at all.  I could deal with everything that came down my path, maybe with some anxiety, but not fear.  It's the most horrible s/x.  But, I did go out today and put some insulation under my home and it worked out.  I just need to keep working through it.  God doesn't give me more than I can handle each day, practically speaking, but mentally it seems so.

M.'s own busted lies:

1. You will never regain your cognitive functional abilities.

2. You will never get a job in your field. Every person you interview with will know what happened.

3. You will not be able to have a surgical procedure, because you can never be properly sedated again.

4. You will not be able to endure the floods of anxiety that have come with the withdrawal process.

5. You will never again be able to stand and walk with proper posture.

6. Your hip will never feel normal.

7. Your agoraphobia will never get better.

8. You will not be able to take any of your wonderful, healthy supplements ever again.

9. Your huge bloated benzo belly will never flatten out. It likes laying on top of your thighs when you sit down.

Hi to all, Here are some more lies:

(1) Won't ever be able to drive again

(2) Afraid to go places because I might pass out

(3) Afraid to be alone, in case something happens (heart related ) no one around to help me.

(4) Dear of going on a trip

(5) Afraid irrational fears that arise will never go away.

This is a FANTASTIC thread, thanks so much for starting it. I had so many of these thoughts while I was in tolerance and when I tried to detox.

I am so relieved to know they are normal..

-Workin

:smitten:

******Benzo Lie Busted*******

I can't go anywhere without my little orange bottle.  I must have them stashed everywhere like a squirrel stashes nuts.  In my car, in my jacket, in my office desk drawer................

http://wallpapersfor.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/squirrel-nut-cute-animal-nature-grass-1920x1280.jpg

RiverWolf thank you for this comment, "You CAN be happy again. It will feel great, and you’ll love it more than ever." I have Lyme Disease as well and I know my brain is trying to heal itself hence why my journey is so complication. But that one line made my day. I have tears of joy in my eyes knowing that I CAN be happy again!

Thank you...

:)

• 4 weeks later...

This really is a great post.

Here are my benzo lies:

- This isn't withdrawals, you're actually going crazy.

- Your dosage was too small compared to everyone else's, so this is all in your head.

- Every moment of your future will feel this anxious and sad

- All of your memories of your life before, you felt this anxious and sad

- You should leave your boyfriend, because he's the real reason you feel so poorly

- Your friends don't want you around because they're tired of your negativity

- You should just be alone and stop dragging everyone down.

- You screwed up your taper, you will be in w/d forever and lose control of your life

Plus many more.

Hopefully I will see the truth soon

Thank you for posting xox

Thanks everybody for contributing to this thread.

It makes me happy to start a thread that is so helpful.

A few times I have had ideas for threads and I say to myself " Aww, nobody will like that topic. . . " But there is usually an impulse that pushes me to start the thread anyway.

After they are posted, the forum decides if they are valuable or not.  Sometimes  a thread will have a slow start and needs to be bumped back to life, but in time it will find it's own value or not.

The point is, that when we are compromised by the benzos and we have excess free floating fear and anxiety, we are not in a position to determine if we should take an action in our lives.

This is one of the reasons why it is so important to seek help from others. We NEED the constructive discrimination from others to help us get through our wd. When you think you need help, push through your fear and ask for it.

Thanks for all of the  Lies That You Have BUSTED.  :thumbsup:    :smitten:

River

preston, i have been following your posts  for many days now.

your ''HELPFUL'' comments are so unnecessary.

what are you trying to achieve ? :idiot:

It's not withdrawal. You stopped your meds so your original problem is coming back. What did you expect.

Yeah, now that I am sorta somewhat post withdrawal I am dealing with the anxiety I have always had.

The good thing is that I have learned how to recognize it and deal with it.  It is the run of the mill anxiety of the old days not the over the moon anxiety of tolerance and withdrawal. 

I am just really glad to be awake again after the years of the klonopin koma.  I will gladly deal with the anxiety now. 

What did I expect?  Nothing really.  The taper was due more to circumstance then choice.  Must have been the hand of my higher power.  But I am thankfull.

China

Huh? Example Please. If I'm a lousy writer then I'll stop writing.

It's not withdrawal. You stopped your meds so your original problem is coming back. What did you expect.

Yeah, now that I am sorta somewhat post withdrawal I am dealing with the anxiety I have always had.

The good thing is that I have learned how to recognize it and deal with it.  It is the run of the mill anxiety of the old days not the over the moon anxiety of tolerance and withdrawal. 

I am just really glad to be awake again after the years of the klonopin koma.  I will gladly deal with the anxiety now. 

What did I expect?  Nothing really.  The taper was due more to circumstance then choice.  Must have been the hand of my higher power.  But I am thankfull.

China

I'm sorry my post was not clear. I though It was an example of a benzo lie busted. I never mean to say that withdrawal is just the original problem coming back. I hope that is the case with you also.

Its tough for me be clear when writing especially because nobody can see my face to know what I'm saying. I guess I need to post less if I'm not clear about what I'm saying.

Sorry to whoever took offense.

Huh? Example Please. If I'm a lousy writer then I'll stop writing.

ok sorry, i misunderstood what you meant this benzo lie..now i understand.

i cant put a link, but what about .....

a) the woman shot in wash dc

b)not valium withdrawl at all, something else

both replys were tactless and unnecessary i think.

i don't wish to argue with you and i appologize for the first misinterpretation .

and please don't post less just because of me but please post more clear.

sensitivity is a common sx and may be i am still suffering from it.

ciao

I get what Preston was trying to say, he just means it's a benzo lie that how horrible you feel is the real you, and not withdrawals. It's hard to see the future, or the past clearly when you're in this fog, so you assume that the anxiety you feel now is just the real "you" coming back after dropping the meds. Not true! Not for everyone at least.

and please don't post less just because of me but please post more clear.

sensitivity is a common sx and may be i am still suffering from it.

ciao

You and River Wolf both understood my post in the same way, so it must be my fault. It's been a bad year for me too, and I sure don't want to make things harder for anybody else.

China

I'm sorry my post was not clear. I though It was an example of a benzo lie busted. I never mean to say that withdrawal is just the original problem coming back. I hope that is the case with you also.

Its tough for me be clear when writing especially because nobody can see my face to know what I'm saying. I guess I need to post less if I'm not clear about what I'm saying.

Sorry to whoever took offense.

Preston,

I guess I wasn't clear either.  I wasn't offended, I was reiterating what you were saying.

That particular lie is what kept me taking the K for years longer they I should have. 

Benzo Lies

I was talking with a friend about the lies that benzos tell us and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on the topic.

Here are some benzo lies that I previously posted on my blog and thought it would be good to start this thread off with.

Please add some of the lies that you used to believe and now know to be untrue.

This will be very valuable for those who are still under the spell of the lies that benzos tell us. My experience is that our thinking is fundamentally altered by benzo action during tolerance withdrawal and during tapering, and that we are not actually thinking – we are at the effect of chemical storms in our brains. And we think that these are our thoughts. And worse yet, we BELIEVE these thoughts. But what we are experiencing is chemical and electrical processes that occur during the body’s attempt to adjust these chemicals and processes on the fly.

Now that I am feeling better, it’s easy to see some of the lies the benzos tell us. They are plain to see in hindsight. But for those of you who are having troubles with taper symptoms, or pre or post-taper symptoms, I wanted to help you to see  some of the lies that the benzos have told me, and may be telling you too.  Hopefully, you will be able to use this to understand more about your experience and maybe you could use this post as a template for reality.

Benzo Lie # 1. There is no hope.  This one is nasty. Do not believe this lie. It can take you down fast. It is not true, even though it feels very true. For me, this hopelessness was a result of benzo created chemical imbalances coloring my thinking into a perceived end of time. I could not imagine time extending for more than 3 months into the future. There was no way I could think of any possible outcome at all – not even a negative one, and all of my imagined outcomes of less than 3 months were negative. If you cannot imagine a positive future for yourself, know you are under the trance of lie # 1.

Benzo Lie # 2. My Life is ruined.  Do not believe this lie. You are in a temporary state of withdrawal. It is an awful state, but it is temporary and you will move out of it and have a life that you can mold into what you had before or one that is better than before. When you can think clearly, you are able to fashion a life that is better than what happened to you when you were tranquilized and your life fell apart as a result of being drugged. When you are out of withdrawals and free from the effects of their symptoms, you will be in a better position to solve problems instead of having them take you down.

Benzo Lie # 3. These benzo effects will last forever.  I see this lie as being conditional.  The lie part is that if you are making decisions that will move yourself toward health and away from benzos, it will not last forever. There WILL be an end to the benzo-related troubles. As you get further away from benzos and their effects, the less the benzos will act on you.  If you make benzo related decisions that move yourself away from natural health and into benzo use, you may end up in a never ending loop of having side effects being confused as diseases, and having benzo symptoms being medicated with more benzos, and in turn, more and more drug and symptom interactions and more and more suffering.

Benzo Lie # 4. I will never be happy again  This lie broke my heart. I let this lie rob me of my dreams. I am living proof that you can totally believe this lie and live to prove it wrong. I never thought I could ever be happy ever again. I’m not only happy now, but happier than I was before I started on benzos. I feel like I have just vanquished a dragon, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that. Now, I am happy. I am happy just because I exist and because life is available to me. There is such joy in coming back from the edge and being able to function again.

I felt like there was no way happiness could ever be attained by someone who is going through all of this suffering and torture and ineptitude, and now I’m happy.  I am the guy that was scared to death of my cat for 2 years. I was freaked out because the gardener was going to come on Wednesday and scare me and today it’s Monday and I’m worried about it already. I couldn't drive for over a year. . . and on and on.

If you are feeling that your happiness is behind you, do not despair. You cannot absolutely know that your best days are behind you. The effects of benzo action will make you believe you cannot be happy. It is not true. After your body begins making the feel good chemicals and you are out of wd, your life can get wonderful again.

These are just a few of the benzo lies that have I have busted for myself. And there are many, many more.

Try this on - If it makes you sad, it's probably a benzo lie.

You CAN be happy again. It will feel great, and you’ll love it more than ever.  :thumbsup:

Please post the benzo lies that you have busted so others can learn from your experience.

River  :smitten:

thank you River  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks River, love you for this.......everything i think or thought is in this post.......

Parker.....i got it , so it,s not that bad writen...(good english ???)

:smitten:

Sandra.