Author Topic: Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted  (Read 53650 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 02:53:46 am »
Boy - - I really needed this ... thank you !
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 05:17:47 pm »
Another Lie:  You will never sleep normally again on your own w/o supplements.

Many people here have put this to rest, saying they have regained the ability to sleep on their own.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 02:36:25 am »
You will have a long bad acute WD when you stop taking benzos after tapering wisely.

I have to remind myself that this is a lie periodically because I've read so much that you could have years of hell or at least 14 or 18 months of it. So it's the elephant in the room. I am now working to change my thinking to " I will maybe have WD of some sort when I stop but there is no reason it has to be a bad and prolonged one"

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 03:45:07 am »
Benzo lie:  I'm afraid.  It must be a valid observation, and I should really be afraid of this or that.  It's our brain chemistry out of whack and our amygdala is overstimulated with glutamate for right now.  It will settle down.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:51:03 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 05:34:05 am »
Another Lie:  You will never sleep normally again on your own w/o supplements.

Many people here have put this to rest, saying they have regained the ability to sleep on their own.

[...]

that lie BUSTED sleep comes easy and is restful now. No problems.

And what a treat it is to sleep normally again.  .  .   

(as [...] stands on his hind legs and looks to the [...] with paws raised in gratitude)

You will have a long bad acute WD when you stop taking benzos after tapering wisely.

I have to remind myself that this is a lie periodically because I've read so much that you could have years of hell or at least 14 or 18 months of it. So it's the elephant in the room. I am now working to change my thinking to " I will maybe have WD of some sort when I stop but there is no reason it has to be a bad and prolonged one"

[...]

Do not let others be an exact model for you we are all different. There are patterns, but they are not set in stone. You are unique and your taper will be unique to you based on many factors try and give yourself a break and learn to deal with what is really happening and not a perceived fear in the future.

Benzo lie:  I'm afraid, it must be a valid observation, and I should really be afraid of this or that.  It's our brain chemistry out of whack and our amygdala is overstimulated with glutamate for right now.  It will settle down.

[...]

Yes it is generic fear from an overactive amygdala. Excellent point.   :thumbsup:

You've heard of Rose colored glasses well, we are wearing fear colored glasses. Our entire landscape is tinted with a dark cloud of fear no matter what the content is, we are afraid of it. It is a chemically induced illusion.

The trick is that there are some things in our lives that we should have a healthy fear of, but we do not have the ability to differentiate between rational and irrational fear. We are just afraid of EVERYTHING.

But, it is only temporary.

You WILL be peaceful and calm again, I am living proof of that one.  Lie BUSTED.

[...].  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 05:42:05 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had these thoughts

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 12:45:52 am »
thanks, [...], for helping me deal with my irrational fear.  I didn't have this fear pre benzo at all.  I could deal with everything that came down my path, maybe with some anxiety, but not fear.  It's the most horrible s/x.   But, I did go out today and put some insulation under my home and it worked out.  I just need to keep working through it.  God doesn't give me more than I can handle each day, practically speaking, but mentally it seems so.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 12:55:48 am »
M.'s own busted lies:

1. You will never regain your cognitive functional abilities.

2. You will never get a job in your field. Every person you interview with will know what happened.

3. You will not be able to have a surgical procedure, because you can never be properly sedated again.

4. You will not be able to endure the floods of anxiety that have come with the withdrawal process.

5. You will never again be able to stand and walk with proper posture.

6. Your hip will never feel normal.

7. Your agoraphobia will never get better.

8. You will not be able to take any of your wonderful, healthy supplements ever again.

9. Your huge bloated benzo belly will never flatten out. It likes laying on top of your thighs when you sit down.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »
Hi to all, Here are some more lies:

(1) Won't ever be able to drive again
(2) Afraid to go places because I might pass out
(3) Afraid to be alone, in case something happens (heart related ) no one around to help me.
(4) Dear of going on a trip
(5) Afraid irrational fears that arise will never go away.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »
This is a FANTASTIC thread, thanks so much for starting it. I had so many of these thoughts while I was in tolerance and when I tried to detox.

I am so relieved to know they are normal..

-Workin

:smitten: