Author Topic: Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted  (Read 53833 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:59:39 pm »
Thanks [...],a very valueable post.Very valueable.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 06:18:22 am »
Thank you [...],

This is a list of lies Fliprain wrote for me during a time of depression

Big Fat Benzo Lies,

1. I'm different. I'll never heal fully.
2. I will grow old and die alone.
3. I'll never be able to support myself again.
4. Why is everyone else feeling good and doing more and I'm not?
5. I tapered too fast, too slow.
6. I was kindled, poly drugged...it's different for me.
7. These symptoms  can't be just benzos. I must have a horrible disease.
8. I'm ok right now, but down the road, I'm going to have an event that sets me back.
9. My CNS is fried and will never really recover.
10. I have wasted my life.

[...] :smitten:

Thanks for posting this.

All busted by me except #8.

I'm 1 year out, and I'm feeling good. It's wonderful to have my life back. I am enjoying it more than ever.

Every once in a while I get this thought wondering if I'm really done.

[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 09:25:16 am »
Here's one that is big for me,

I will be better with benzos, than without.

I'm in the process of busting this lie.  It's deeply ingrained.  But all the current evidence suggests otherwise.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 10:30:33 am »
You will die when you quit.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 02:26:15 pm »
Wow--so much wisdom on this thread.
[...], that's a powerful one.

Benzos own us-that's a lie.

We are all disproving that, one day at a time.

[...] windows to all,
[...]  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 08:05:27 pm »
Great post!
Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »
This is an excellent post. Thank you! - [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 04:48:57 am »
Looking back, there were many:

- I would never get better, and even if I did... I wouldn't want to live.

- You're going to seizure.

- You're going to die in your sleep.

- You're going to smother to death.

- You're worthless.

- You're going to go mad.

There were many upon many.

I wouldn't listen to them. It def. deceptive.

Thanks for posting these [...].  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 07:15:44 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »
Looking back, there were many:

- I would never get better, and even if I did... I wouldn't want to live.

- You're going to seizure.

- You're going to die in your sleep.

- You're going to smother to death.

- You're worthless.

- You're going to go mad.

There were many upon many.

I wouldn't listen to them. It def. deceptive.

Thanks for posting these [...].  :thumbsup:

You are welcome.

It'strange how the withdrawal does lie. It tells one so many things, but once you're out of the situation and into the clear... it's like it never really happened. You only know intellectually it did.

What it does is lie to the ego. You just have to put the ego to the side and let your body do what it has to in order to get you healthy.