Questions,questions???? from spring

[sp...]

Couple of questions for anyone who can help:

1. Have been bruising on legs in particular (small yellow bruises) and around joints.  Seems to come after a bad patch - is this withdrawl and anyone else have it?

2. Has anyone taken contraceptive pill during or started it during withdrawl?  Nervous about it but doc thinks might help as my estrogen and progesterone low side of normal.

Many thanks,

spring

Spring, Hi!

Not really sure about the bruising, but I have heard others mention this.

As for the hormone thing, it does seem that a lot of us are testing low during benzo use and wd.

Chickworips has a thread about this. I'll find the link. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8709.msg106441#msg106441

I tested low. But I couldn't take the BC pill as it was triggering my restless legs syndrome. I"m now on bioidentical hormones but I'm done tapering, so don't want to recommend this to those still tapering

HRT is probably best avoided during a taper. There are too many variables, and since benzos themselves seem to effect hormone levels, you should wait til you are done for awhile, then get retested.   

[9d...]

HI Spring, I also bruised very heavily during withdrawal.  Since I have been off that just does not happen anymore.  In fact I havent seen a bruise on my body for over 12 months.  :D

Agree with Linda re the hormones too.  Just about every bodily system and chemical process is affected by benzos.  I also think replacing hormones is an inidividual thing and everyone needs to do what feels right for them. 

I personally didn't want to upset the delicate rebalancing that was going on as I tapered, so used nothing that would interfere in anyway with that process.

I'm absolutely well now and still don't need to take anything!!  ;D

Take care

Vicky  :)

Thanks Vicky and Linda,

Kind of confirms what I thought - think I will hold off for now and won't worry about bruising unless gets bad.

Love spring :smitten:

[ef...]

I think the bruising is normal, simply due to the fact that your muscular/joint systems are out of whack and/or being affected paradoxically by the drug (used to be a muscle relaxant, now it's hyper-stimulating the muscles/joints causing them to be tight and more easily injured (trust me, I'm being constantly reminded about this one)). I've had similar bruising, but I also get kicked in the legs a lot and/or kick others a lot (martial arts).

-Pete

I've had similar bruising, but I also get kicked in the legs a lot and/or kick others a lot (martial arts).

-Pete

:2funny: I think you may be onto something, Pete.  :laugh:

[ef...]
Heh, yesterday was the best - I was doing a crescent kick and managed to PUNCH myself in the leg (don't ask). It STILL hurts lol.

Sorry to be laughing at your pain but man that's funny!  :2funny:

ps.  Did you know that "Rush" was on The Colbert Report tonight (and will replay tomorrow I imagine)? He said it was the band's first TV appearance in 30 years.  They definitely rock!

[ef...]

YES!!!! I saw it... and was in AWE. Seriously, they are such a great band. I've seen them at least 9 times now and they never, never disappoint!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

And yeah, it was funny. You can laugh. I know I did!  :2funny: