anxiety. does yours come and go or

[mc...]

Is it random? I had it the entire month of may then it passed now its coming back. This sucks one of if not the worst symptom.

I don't know if it goes away for me or if it gets so low I don't notice it through all the other s/x. It waxes and wanes for certain. Looking forward to some good old "normal" situational anxiety one day, what a breeze it will be getting through that!

For me it comes and goes throughout the day.  There are times when it feels overwhelming and then every once in a while I almost feel normal again.  This iis such a hideous drug as my anxiety gets played out through me running my head about my worst fears,  which from what I've read,  is normal.  It screws with your head and brings you to the brink of insanity at times.

Hope all is well,

Kyle

same with me. it passes and then it comes back again.

now i get it first thing in the morning and then its gone again. crazy.

Ig

First thing in the morning is always the worst for me.  I  wake up disoriented and very d/r.  I've read it has to do with cortisol levels at night,  though I suspect because our synapses repair a lot in sleep,  this is a factor as well. I usually try to force myself up an hr or so before I normally would so I can drink a cup of coffee and take a soothing shower to ease into my day (of course responding to 911 calls can dent that plan). But i find the coffee helps focus me somewhat and push away the haze of d/r.

Hope all is well,

Kyle

I've been slooooooowly starting to notice anxiety coming on at higher levels after eating certain types of food. It might be something that could help for you? I don't expect the anxiety to disappear by changing diet but eliminating some of the nasty spikes would be welcome relief. Take care!

Definitely would love to drink some wine and beer again,  but I'm very concerned to even try it as I know it can really send you in a spiral. Alcohol apparently acts on the same neuron receptors as the benzo and it shocks the system further.  Our CNS will be fragile for a while.

Hope all is well,

Kyle

hi,

i can drink coffee again, i also would love to have a glas of wine or beer but i am toooo scared.

the other day i had someone brought a dinner which he obtained from a

very good italian restaurant and there must have been some red wine in it.

the reaction of my system was incredible, i could not eat it, seemed like

my body said :  no no no

so i realize its going to be a long time till i can enjoy a glass of wine........

bye

claudia :thumbsup:

I had a tiny shot of bourbon at six and half months off....with water and sipped over a few hours. I was utterly mullered from it, I mean SERIOUSly drunk! and complete DR style drunk. Nothing else major from it, sleep was even more fragmented though, but it chilled the anxiety out that night which was nice.

I should not post here really as it did not CT but i have hit some walls where my anxiety literally was bordering on terror... it has been and still is the one thing i hate the most... as usually the D/R comes on also and i literally end up feeling possessed or something, everything is off and sort of malevolent almost... it is pure fear of nothing... but my world feels like i am in a Stephen King movie almost... it's a total bad trip, i feel for anyone that has ongoing anxiety that bad because i know how utterly crap it feels... i just try and tell myself it cannot hurt me... it is just a feeling.

Oscar

Hey all,

I just had to comment here....Guys, Alcohol effects the same receptors as the GABA...so doing it is almost like taking more benzo's...or at least that is my understanding.

I had never heard this until I got thrown into rehab....but a benzo is like alcohol in pill form.

So, I would be very careful with the alcohol.

In answer to the anxiety question...Mine has come and gone..mine usually comes on when I have the head squeezing...and it directly related to the head squeezing.

I took fish oil this morning...and my anxiety is out the roof this afternoon, for no reason.

I wonder if it is related to the fish oil??

I am starting to think that taking supplements is a waste of time and does more harm than good.

I hope all of us start getting some relief soon....

:smitten:

Causing

I find magnesium to be helpful,  along with b12. One thing I've noticed late is that I'm normally hypoglycemic,  but lately my sugar has run high... Interesting? I know when my sugar gets too high,  I d/p and d/r rather easily.  As far as alcohol,  had some scotch last night,  bad move.  I'm going to have to stay off it for a while.

Hope all is well,

Kyle

Hi Causing, Yes, omega3s can wind up anxiety.

Have had it happen, and have read of it elsewhere too.

Seems quite common.

Hi friend,

I can tell you that mine came and went so I started to exercise daily. Eventually, I followed this up with something called EFT (tapping meridians). Things gradually got better! :)