Waking up disoriented?

[US...]

Anybody here ever wake up completely disoriented and lost.  You can't tell if you're dreaming and even if you know you're awake you have no idea where to our are for a minute?

Hope all is well,

Kyle

Hey Kyle..

Yes, I wake up often disoriented....and sometimes my dreams are confused with reality...

So, yes...

I have this....it only got like this recently...

Do you have a blog?

If you don't, you should get one...we have a lot in common....

Hope you are feeling better today...

Love,

Causing

Yes, like journal blog on the forum...

I meet and have gotten to know a lot of great people that are all going through WD..I get most of my support on my blog although, lately I have been here posting again, because in some ways I feel like I am back at the very beginning of all this...

I suppose I need to hang tough  because I am better as evening approaches...

Think about coming on the blogs....So we can meet and support you..just  a friendly suggestion...

Causing

[45...]

Mornings are the absolute worst! I seem to get slightly better as the day progresses and by the evening I'm generally doing better. But mornings? Whew! They have gotten better lately, since I've begun to drink about half a cup of coffee in the morning. My brain seems to actually relax from the caffeine! I have always been a one-cup-in-the-morning coffee drinker, but up until about Day 65 or so, there's no way I could tolerate caffeine or coffee (even decaf). I'm not able to drink more than half a cup at present, but it seems to help a bit. Still, I go to bed with a sense of dread, because I do not like waking up in the morning.

(I don't sleep through the night. I take 5 mg of Melatonin at bedtime and it helps me drift off. It's worn off by 2 a.m. or so, and my bladder is also calling me, so I tend to get up and go to the bathroom, take a second Melatonin about 2:15-2:30 a.m. and eventually drift off by 3 a.m. and sleep until 6:30 or so.)

Hang in there. This has got to get better!

Tucson

Hello. I have this too. Sometimes several times a night. Sometimes I can't recognize my kids even. It's scary. I have had this since the beginning. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes I have also suffered from this. Mornings for some reason seems to be when I can't function at all. I've come down from a diazepam equivalent of 100 mgs in 24 days.

I was taking 6 to 8mg sometimes more of xanax for roughly 4months.

I also suffer from hypnagogic hallucinations where I'm half awake aware of my surroundings but having a nightmare that feels real I also sleepwalk and find myself sitting up upon awakening or leaning up on my elbow.