Encouragment and hormone alert for the ladies

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been here because my life is completely back to normal :yippee: So, I encourage all of you who are in the midst of the struggle and think it will never end.......it does! Now 7 months off benzos and all the side effects are utterly gone. Hang in there, all of you, it will get better. Don't be taken in  by all the things you feel during w/d. They will pass with time and with time it all diminishes and then finally disappears. All the doubts and fears that occur during w/d are effects of the drugs. Set your minds on the goal and don't look back or sideways........keep focused and you WILL win.

I have one confirmed alert for the ladies regarding hormones. Since my struggle began after a hysterectomy and we were balancing hormones and dealing with benzos at the same time it was hard to tell which was which. Today, 7 months later, my doc looked at my labs and was so surprised that my progesterone was 10 times higher than it should be. We have been supplementing/tweaking the whole hormone spectrum for 2 years and since I've been off the benzos my progesterone levels have been rising but the dosage of my prescription has not changed. My reply to the doc was......So, the last test result wasn't a lab error!! No, apparently it wasn't, he said. Three months ago we got the same unusually high reading (jumping from 3 to 27 in 3 months). No wonder I've been dragging my tail feeling like I've been walking through water...uphill!

So as all of you hormone experts know, progesterone is a major building block for all other hormones. If the benzos can do something as dramatic as it did to me then no wonder we feel so absolutely terrible on the benzos.

OK, now that I've written a book......I'm done.

HI, eljay!!

OH Chickie , I"ve missed you. I have to email you!!

Thanks for this great info. My hormones were bottomed out too, and am on bio identicals. I will be getting retested in a couple months. But I feel great.

I was only on benzo for a few short months, so that may not have been the cause. I guess I'll find out.

I know at least one person, Sandy, who will be thrilled to hear this about the hormones.

So good to hear from you, and that you are so well.

Maybe you will stick around?

Love you! 

Hi eljay,

I've missed you too! Please do email me so we can catch up.

I probably won't be sticking around, though. I just thought this was such a monumental revelation that I should share.

I think I will lay off the progesterone for a few days to give the drop a jump-start. I will need all the energy I can muster next week when I help out at church with the vacation Bible school. I've volunteered to be a group leader for 5 to 6 little kids every morning next week.......what was I thinking :2funny:

[cd...]

Great post chickwhorips, thank you for posting such positive words.  No doubt there will be many encourgaed by it.  :thumbsup:

You take good care of yourself and do pop back in from time to time.

Love to you

Vicky  :)

I will need all the energy I can muster next week when I help out at church with the vacation Bible school. I've volunteered to be a group leader for 5 to 6 little kids every morning next week.......what was I thinking :2funny:

Oh!  You are a brave soul!!!  I used to do that in a previous life for about 13 years!  By the end of the week I was exhausted when I stopped people told me I would miss it and guess what?  They were wrong!  :laugh:

Thank you so much for your story and advice.  I'm making an appointment with my dr. tomorrow to test for hormones levels.  I've heard that menopause can cause the burning/tingling that I have in my feet so maybe something can be done.  Back when I was about 3 months into wd my prolactin levels were very high for someone my age and I chalked it all up to wd.  Now I'm wondering if I've been suffering all these months for the wrong reason!  Oh Jeez!!

Congratulations on your recovery!!!!   :yippee:  We have a new board called 'Success Stories'.  I would like for you to add your story to it if you don't mind writing it up.  It would be a great addition and give hope to the rest of us that are on our way.  :smitten:

TS,

Exactly which part of my story would you like to see on "Success Stories"? I haven't gone back on my original blog ever since things got switched around but the whole story is there. I guess all it is missing is the Post Script of how well I'm doing now.